sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    All the ATM shorters (59m shares as st 9 December) are getting ready for a very Merry Christmas?
    hope im not the only one celebrating xmas
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hope im not the only one celebrating xmas
    The bears shall feast.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Beagle and Couta have been mates for a while - they rib each other and if you read their comments, they may get heated but never vindictive and the comments are not grudge forming.

Don't attribute your own ill or hurt feelings to others when said feelings are not there.
    Not sure what you are going on about me attributing my own ill or hurt feelings to others...

And I think you will find your opinion on Beagle and Coutas friendship is out of date

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    After reading the ATM reasons for Halt letter to ASX ...it seems its not just continuous process ...they claim they have become aware of this new information which requires them to revise the guidance . They need time to process this new information and further information in the pipeline ( maybe ) . It has to be some new regulation which has suddenly become an issue which needs time to assess its impact on their sales etc ?

Simple downgrades dont require market Halt calculations for so long ....Seems more substantial then that . Fingers crossed ...it can still be positive news 1/5 chance ...
    Hm.. Could it be some of the shipments are detected with covid-19 and they are investigating it and that is the reason they put on a Trade Halt for 3 days ???
    I am expecting the market should be flooded and booked in all SELL by now. But it is not , only 1 person with a big volume ( maybe Options expires day for him).
    Last edited by tomm; 17-12-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Not sure what you are going on about me attributing my own ill or hurt feelings to others...

And I think you will find your opinion on Beagle and Coutas friendship is out of date
    Is any of this rubbish really appropriate on this forum? It is not the school playground. Not directed at Rupert per se
    Last edited by ratkin; 17-12-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Guru

Well some degree of bad news has been priced in (down from recent high), so it could surprise on the upside.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    After reading the ATM reasons for Halt letter to ASX ...it seems its not just continuous process ...they claim they have become aware of this new information which requires them to revise the guidance . They need time to process this new information and further information in the pipeline ( maybe ) . It has to be some new regulation which has suddenly become an issue which needs time to assess its impact on their sales etc ?

Simple downgrades dont require market Halt calculations for so long ....Seems more substantial then that . Fingers crossed ...it can still be positive news 1/5 chance ...
    This isn't a simple downgrade - betcha they've found after reviewing the November reports what they had been really hoping to improve / come right hasn't eventuated. Betcha things have gone bad and they can't wait until the half year is up before they disclose how bad things are.

It's back to the drawing board and revising all forecasts with an open mind and come up with numbers that reflect reality ....not hope ... can't afford to get it wrong this time around.

Not unusual for trading halts to last a day or two in these circumstances.

I've been there and done that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Is any of this rubbish really appropriate on this forum? It is not the school playground. Not directed at Rupert per se
    I think that is a fair comment

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Lower Guidance might lead to higher SP also.
    Hahahahahahahah

Investments

[QUOTE=winner69;862928]This isn't a simple downgrade - betcha they've found after reviewing the November reports what they had been really hoping to improve / come right hasn't eventuated. Betcha things have gone bad and they can't wait until the half year is up before they disclose how bad things are.

It's back to the drawing board and revising all forecasts with an open mind and come up with numbers that reflect reality ....not hope ... can't afford to get it wrong this time around.

My point being that when last downgrade came 8:30 AM 28th Sept ...they didn't need Halt ...so why now ?

As then it was more of a sales issue which they could see happening ...they forecasted after 3 months gone . ASM was 4.5 months gone ...all ok was given . Now 5.5 months gone ...needs 3 days of calculations !!!

My 2C is that it involves some new development which was sudden and now they incorporating in their future calculations .

Still 5% chance of positive news ...lol