sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Hm.. Could it be some of the shipments are detected with covid-19 and they are investigating it and that is the reason they put on a Trade Halt for 3 days ???
    I am expecting the market should be flooded and booked in all SELL by now. But it is not , only 1 person with a big volume ( maybe Options expires day for him).
    Crikey, hadn't thought of that one. Wouldn't be the first time that C19 has allegedly been found on food products imported into China...

Ouch, seems like I really managed to buy at the top earlier this year, time to sell them as soon as the trading halt is lifted and take the hit as it's clear the problem is much more deeply rooted than just covid.

Good luck to the ATM holders out there.

[QUOTE=alokdhir;862935]
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This isn't a simple downgrade - betcha they've found after reviewing the November reports what they had been really hoping to improve / come right hasn't eventuated. Betcha things have gone bad and they can't wait until the half year is up before they disclose how bad things are.

It's back to the drawing board and revising all forecasts with an open mind and come up with numbers that reflect reality ....not hope ... can't afford to get it wrong this time around.

My point being that when last downgrade came 8:30 AM 28th Sept ...they didn't need Halt ...so why now ?

As then it was more of a sales issue which they could see happening ...they forecasted after 3 months gone . ASM was 4.5 months gone ...all ok was given . Now 5.5 months gone ...needs 3 days of calculations !!!

My 2C is that it involves some new development which was sudden and now they incorporating in their future calculations .

Still 5% chance of positive news ...lol
    The Sep announcement wasn’t really a downgrade ....it just quantified a rather vague outlook given in the full year results announcement ...like strong growth to $1.8b ...confirmed at ASM ..easy done

Things haven’t gone to plan ....things they hoped would not happen have .....so back to drawing board to come up with a realistic number they can achieve.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    Ouch, seems like I really managed to buy at the top earlier this year, time to sell them as soon as the trading halt is lifted and take the hit as it's clear the problem is much more deeply rooted than just covid.

Downgrade. See SML announcement. Commiserations.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    A downgrade in that SML announcement is as clear as mud

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post

On the other hand, you might bail out on the bad news at the bottom, only for it to bounce back up a couple of bucks just after your trade goes through! Maybe it's better to sit tight, ride out the storm and use it as an opportunity DCA...options, options...requiring careful consideration.

The really interesting thing will be if this latest round of bad news, if that's what it's going to be, starts to spook some of the instos.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Thanks, at least my overall portfolio is still in the green this year, but yeah buying ATM is my worst investment decision this year by far, I must say the vaccine rally helped a lot in migrating the pain from ATM.

Only question is whether to sell on market open or wait for a dead cat bounce a few hours after opening.

@glasszon Wanting to sell before even digesting the information may suggest you could look at your reasons for buying this stock

Investments

How many people here will still be thinking its a quality company to Hold and give it more time to come back . Or its better to get out at first opportunity thinking its old days will never come back

I know it happens to all companies but some quality ones like FPH MFT types come back to scale new highs after 1-3 years while others just keep going further down and down .

So what we think about ATM ....Long term hold or sell and buy FPH to recover loss in next 2-5 years ??