sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Could be a scary sight once the ASX opens though...
    Yeah it could be pretty scary, A2M 10th most shorted stock on ASX (Shortman website link)

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Yeah it could be pretty scary, A2M 10th most shorted stock on ASX (Shortman website link)
    Short coverings could provide a useful floor in the short term as the substantial profits from shorting are taken & locked in.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-12-2020 at 10:41 PM.

If we were to set aside for a bit any notion that those at the top are pretty good at engineering things to avoid scrutiny regarding insider trading (eg cashing up at ~21 bucks with impeccable timing), and that this information bringing about the halt has genuinely only recently come to light (ie it wasn't apparent at AGM time), then the one thing in the public domain that has really amped up since that AGM would have to be the CN AU trade war.

Now if the Chinese were suddenly whacking big tariffs on dairy, then I imagine that would be in the public domain as soon as ATM knew about it, if not before. Likewise with C19 infected batches, or shipments being blockaded because they've come from AU (we'd have heard about it already). The Daigou channel is buggered, but we already knew that...perhaps it's got worse, but that shouldn't be a surprise to the board. Maybe logistics are in a bad state and they are having trouble getting the product to the market, again this is something that surely hasn't just become apparent since the AGM. Regarding competition, well that's nothing new.

So what really is the big deal, some new hindrance we've not yet heard of, or is it just a culmination of all of the above and simply the number 2 downgrade in the standard Balance trifecta? If the latter, why such a long halt though?

I don't know, but given the length of the halt and the fact none of the above is really news, I tend to think that it may be a new challenge we've not seen to date.

Fascinating reading, catching up on pages of comments since the halt! My thoughts, very briefly...

The trading halt may remain in place until Monday open, in which case WATCH OUT BELOW!

Or... we could see trading restart tomorrow (Friday) with a far less calamitous announcement than feared, in which case stand by for a bea-utiful relief bounce, enhanced by a short squeeze that will make your eyes water.

On that note, to bed, perchance to dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ......................After a very nice long lunch with a couple of really good mates and a few refreshments I reached the inescapable conclusion that some people cannot be helped and one has done a very good job of shooting himself in both feet, (despite years of me trying behind the scenes to get him to take a more reasoned, professional and prudent approach with his investing). In a nutshell, some people are their own worst enemy.
    Yet you still struggle to reach the conclusion that "help" is not on the menu and an investment strategy is unique to the individual and not everyone wants advice on the make up of their portfolio.

Until you understand that, the same old story will unfold where every couple of weeks you roll in on your patronising high horse and add your 2c to the A2 thread which is fine and part of a constructive debate, but then you ruin it with jibes like the above. Naturally everyone gets defensive of their portfolio choices and weighting and you wonder to yourself why you, the white knight with thousands of posts and years of service to the ST forum, are not getting any traction with the people, so you go off in a sulk and post the usual "clearly my opinion is not welcome so I am going to leave the thread for the 9th time".

A few days later you pop up on another thread telling them about all the mean folk over on the A2 thread and how they have a different approach to investing to you and they wont listen so now they are labelled "helpless". You quote personal messages from Moosie because "hey if Moosie agrees with me then I MUST be right" and at the next opportunity (today) at the first sign of bad news you get the courage to come back once again and tell everyone how wrong they all were with a bunch of "I TOLD YOU SO" posts, being sure once again to include references to other people who "TOLD US SO", because it gives you reassurance to know some people agree with you.

Go back and read the last 400 pages, then come back and tell me this is not true. You spend too much time on a pointless side debate trying to teach the masses, that you come across as someone glad to see others lose money if it means you get to make your point. Happy to see the behaviour has already been called out a couple times today.

Now we rinse and repeat... although change the number 9 up above to a number 10.
    Last edited by porkandpuha; 18-12-2020 at 12:35 AM.

My nomination for post of the year!

Could it be as simple as large scale theft, fraud? A2M may need the time to look into legal issues before they comment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Comyn View Post
    Could it be as simple as large scale theft, fraud? A2M may need the time to look into legal issues before they comment.
    What has good old Jayne been up to :P

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Yet you still struggle to reach the conclusion that "help" is not on the menu and an investment strategy is unique to the individual and not everyone wants advice on the make up of their portfolio.

Until you understand that, the same old story will unfold where every couple of weeks you roll in on your patronising high horse and add your 2c to the A2 thread which is fine and part of a constructive debate, but then you ruin it with jibes like the above. Naturally everyone gets defensive of their portfolio choices and weighting and you wonder to yourself why you, the white knight with thousands of posts and years of service to the ST forum, are not getting any traction with the people, so you go off in a sulk and post the usual "clearly my opinion is not welcome so I am going to leave the thread for the 9th time".

A few days later you pop up on another thread telling them about all the mean folk over on the A2 thread and how they have a different approach to investing to you and they wont listen so now they are labelled "helpless". You quote personal messages from Moosie because "hey if Moosie agrees with me then I MUST be right" and at the next opportunity (today) at the first sign of bad news you get the courage to come back once again and tell everyone how wrong they all were with a bunch of "I TOLD YOU SO" posts, being sure once again to include references to other people who "TOLD US SO", because it gives you reassurance to know some people agree with you.

Go back and read the last 400 pages, then come back and tell me this is not true. You spend too much time on a pointless side debate trying to teach the masses, that you come across as someone glad to see others lose money if it means you get to make your point. Happy to see the behaviour has already been called out a couple times today.

Now we rinse and repeat... although change the number 9 up above to a number 10.
    Not that beagle needs defending, but I will say this ; his words of caution definitely resonated with me at a timely juncture in the SP slide, so much so that I decided to walk away with a 6 figure loss on A2. That was a bitter pill to swallow. I put those released funds into a couple of shares he was championing at that same time and i have turned that 6 figure loss into a 6 figure profit.

I’m not posting that to gloat, and I get that shares go up and shares go down, but Beagle shares his ideas in a logical and reasoned way, and I for one am extremly grateful he takes the time to do so, as ST would hold a lot less value for forum posters/watchers without his input.

He that has ears listen.....

Thank Beagle.

Banned

Jayne is with qantas n laughing at u all...loo