sharetrader

The news could still be positive.
    Maybe the readjustment signals more sales than expected with Melbourne out of lockdown.

Then again even though we know A2 is a NZ company that will not affect the shipments through Daigou from Australia.
    Daigou is more or less a way to channel in foreign good to china. If a large majority such as wine has been hammered by the tariffs there is no reason why shipments containing these products may be sent back or put on pause containing A2 formulas and powders.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Not that beagle needs defending, but I will say this ; his words of caution definitely resonated with me at a timely juncture in the SP slide, so much so that I decided to walk away with a 6 figure loss on A2. That was a bitter pill to swallow. I put those released funds into a couple of shares he was championing at that same time and i have turned that 6 figure loss into a 6 figure profit.

I’m not posting that to gloat, and I get that shares go up and shares go down, but Beagle shares his ideas in a logical and reasoned way, and I for one am extremly grateful he takes the time to do so, as ST would hold a lot less value for forum posters/watchers without his input.

He that has ears listen.....

Thank Beagle.
    I don't hold this stock, but a big ditto to everything else you've written re The Beagle.
    People can use their ignore button if they so wish, but for reasons only known to themselves.....they choose not to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Not that beagle needs defending, but I will say this ; his words of caution definitely resonated with me at a timely juncture in the SP slide, so much so that I decided to walk away with a 6 figure loss on A2. That was a bitter pill to swallow. I put those released funds into a couple of shares he was championing at that same time and i have turned that 6 figure loss into a 6 figure profit.

I’m not posting that to gloat, and I get that shares go up and shares go down, but Beagle shares his ideas in a logical and reasoned way, and I for one am extremly grateful he takes the time to do so, as ST would hold a lot less value for forum posters/watchers without his input.

He that has ears listen.....

Thank Beagle.
    I am glad you said that. No ones perfect. I like to hear everyone's opinion and then I am quite capable of coming to my own conclusion and acting how I see fit for myself. There are a few people here who I think most of us would be worse off without and differing points of view offer valuable information.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Short coverings could provide a useful floor in the short term as the substantial profits from shorting are taken & locked in.
    If we do get a big fall i might be inclined to cover my shorts on the stock , depends on what they say in there commentary and outlook.
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    If we do get a big fall i might be inclined to cover my shorts on the stock , depends on what they say in there commentary and outlook.
    What levels are u expecting to cover your shorts ? Just to get an idea what is possible and from where bounce is possible ? Shorter also have some intrinsic value for this stock so getting your perspective maybe good for bottom pickers too

As per u where it becomes a buy for long term ?

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    What levels are u expecting to cover your shorts ? Just to get an idea what is possible and from where bounce is possible ? Shorter also have some intrinsic value for this stock so getting your perspective maybe good for bottom pickers too

As per u where it becomes a buy for long term ?
    its a bit hard to comment on that because you need to know what the announcement information is first to adjust any valuations etc. when i cover it does not necessary mean its the bottom it just means im happy to take profits at this level so dont take my short covering comments as a bottom.
    As i mentioned a long time ago on this thread if your sitting on huge gains like a lot of people were with a2 it is very sensible to take some gains cause if you get what is happening now ( which happens to all stocks at some stage) at least you haved banked some money to enjoy.

Investments

its a bit hard to comment on that because you need to know what the announcement information is first to adjust any valuations etc. when i cover it does not necessary mean its the bottom it just means im happy to take profits at this level so dont take my short covering comments as a bottom.
    As i mentioned a long time ago on this thread if your sitting on huge gains like a lot of people were with a2 it is very sensible to take some gains cause if you get what is happening now ( which happens to all stocks at some stage) at least you haved banked some money to enjoy.
    Just wanted to know from shorter's perspective ...what would be best case outcome ? What most likely ? and what worst case ? When this trading Halt lifts . As shorter's expected this news to come like most market participants so market was sitting on fence ...70% priced ...30 % on news ...MOL

So will be happy to know your best , most likely and worst outcomes out of this announcement please

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Just wanted to know from shorter's perspective ...what would be best case outcome ? What most likely ? and what worst case ? When this trading Halt lifts . As shorter's expected this news to come like most market participants so market was sitting on fence ...70% priced ...30 % on news ...MOL

So will be happy to know your best , most likely and worst outcomes out of this announcement please
    a really bad statement is the best outcome as the price could halve like what happened to ballamies in the following week , my guess for most likely is its a financial performance issue or accounting irregularities and the worst case is its a profit upgrade

a really bad statement is the best outcome as the price could halve like what happened to ballamies in the following week , my guess for most likely is its a financial performance issue or accounting irregularities and the worst case is its a profit upgrade
    Hey Bull I know you don't have a crystal ball but do you think its best to watch on the side lines when it come to the SP or will it be biggest hit within the first few days, I guess it depends on the news right?

Because if this is due to just current situation and not a change to how things will be done in the future then I'm looking to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Guys, noob questions... When this puppy comes out of halt, I guess it would need to be at a time when both markets are open, no? Does there need to be some advance warning when it's about to happen? Like a premarket type period, or something like that? Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    No one able to answer this one? No hard and fast rules?
    Hmm .. sort of a no-brainer - isn't it? Apart from market regulators not regulating other markets than their own ...

Given that the stock is in a trading halt it does make absolutely no difference whether the announcement comes during or outside of trading hours. Stock can't be traded until they lift the trading halt.

If the stock would not be in a trading halt (which it however is), than it would be nice if they make the announcement outside of trading hours (to give everybody a chance to read it), but there is no requirement for that.

Sometimes you don't need "hard and fast rules" - a bit of thinking resolves many issues ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)