sharetrader
Page 191 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 911411811871881891901911921931941952012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 23760

Keith Woodford has just released two very interesting articles that greatly illuminate the global dairy market, especially China's. Neither of them specifically mentions A2 but there's a lot of information that helps understand A2MC's global strategy. The two articles connect together rather well. The first is about how well placed Australia is to exploit the Chinese market.

http://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/2...ket/#more-1156

The second article contains information not generally appreciated by those outside the industry about the self-imposed restrictions under which Fonterra operates in the global market. Of course A2 is not bound by these Fonterra-created restrictions but they're worth knowing about and understanding, as are the general advantages that the dairy industries of Australia and the US enjoy in comparison to NZ.

http://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/2...y-seasonality/

Advanced Member

All quiet around here lately. Is this what you call " A slow boat to China"? Sp. around 58c to 60c going on 4 weeks now. Someone is holding sp at 60c, and could be buying more at 58-59c. Who knows? Wake me up when the wind picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    I know the owner of Fresh Choice. May have a word in his ear.
    If you're still following this thread, Tsuba, I'd be interested in knowing whether you took up the issue of A2 supplies with Fresh Choice in Queenstown. My daughter and family are moving to Alexandra where I doubt it would be available, but they'll be in Q'town quite often. Any luck?

El Toro~

Was unable to find any in Countdown in Wellington (Newtown) today, slightly disappointed to be honest.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Was unable to find any in Countdown in Wellington (Newtown) today, slightly disappointed to be honest.
    We are lucky up here in Auck. I got 4 Countdowns within 2 or 4 km. from my place. Just ph. them up to see who has it. But I do get the feeling they only deliver once a week. The BB date is normally about 13 to 14 days. Talked to my 3rd cousin on Sat, who lives in Sydney and knows all about a2, as it is more known about over there, probably advertised over there a lot more than here.

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Can happen, specially on Sundays, although I've found most of the Countdowns in Wellington (Newtown, Karori, Crofton Downs, Johnsonville and Kilbirnie) well stocked lately. We have a big extended family at present including grandkids we insist on being given A2-only, and the checkouts stare at us a bit when we buy four at a time, and sometimes ask us why. But now half the family are moving to Central Otago and I suspect won't be able to get A2, at least for a while.

Fortunately the kids are over 2 years, and it's the first couple of years that are particularly critical medically. Young infants have permeable intestines ("leaky guts") to allow certain essential nutrients to pass through into the bloodstream, which also opens the door to the dangerous BCM7 peptide yielded by A1 milk. Once the gut naturally seals up (for most people but not all) the risk is diminished.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Opening trade a whopping total of three shares pushing the price back up to 59c.
    Now try and tell me the price isn't being manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Opening trade a whopping total of three shares pushing the price back up to 59c. Now try and tell me the price isn't being manipulated.
    Just been chatting with my broker, who says there does appear to be a big seller who is not up to any hanky-panky but is trying to ensure he/she gets a minimum of around 59-60c and is controlling the flow accordingly but will at some stage disappear. And meanwhile there are buyers who see that there are plenty of shares available at that price so why push the price up? Regarding the 3 shares at today's opening he thinks it's just someone filling an order to bring their holding up to a nice round 10,000 or so, and said the first trade for NZX today was similarly for just four shares. I told him that some of my mates are suspicious and wonder whether a T/O is in the works. His advice was to watch for any movements and declarations among the bigger shareholders. I'm personally not able to assess the credibilirty of all this, just passing on what he said.

How hard would it need to be to pay a bunch of people in the UK who consider themselves to be lactose intolerent to be part of a controlled study, to analyse whether A2 milk intake makes any difference. From my reading it appears that the supposed intolerance is more to do with the BCM7 peptide than the lactose, and in one comment I read it assumed that of the 20% who consider themselves lactose intolerent up to 75% of those may be intolerent to factors not associated to the lactose element at all! Does anyone have any further information on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    How hard would it need to be to pay a bunch of people in the UK who consider themselves to be lactose intolerent to be part of a controlled study, to analyse whether A2 milk intake makes any difference.
    You are spot on, except that you can't PAY people to be part of a trial. But trials are expensive and have to be paid for. At present the problem is that A2 Milk are the only people willing to fund scientifically sound trials, but these then get criticised by mainstream dairy and their stooges like Rosemarty Stanton on the grounds that they are funded by A2MC and therefore not convincing. There's no scientific argument about the facts - which are indisputable - just stupid suggestions that the facts are "not convincing in my opinion". Fonterra and NZG (Food Safety etc) won't touch this subject with a barge pole because despite repeated advice that there should be more funded research into it, they know what the results will be, and their first loyalty is to the NZ commercially-driven economy (ie dairy industry export receipts), not to consumer safety or scientific truth. You won't see Fonterra publicly disputing the mounting scientific evidence against A1 - it knows where the truth lies, so just remains silent. It's going to be a long ride because of the power of Fonterra, DairyUK etc, but eventually we'll get there, and they'll be singing our song.