sharetrader

Based upon the comments on those two videos, a lot of people now have it on their radar to buy, plenty of people with their fingers on the trigger. I want to average down on shares I purchased at $15.06, but will wait until the trend is heading north before buying more even if I miss out on the bottom.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 20-12-2020 at 05:31 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqAK7sdGRg

According to his calculation by 2030:

Bearish case $7.06
    Base case $12.47
    Bullish case $19.40

Moose Opines from deep within Siberia and asked me to share.
    Mark Minervini, one of those social media stock gurus, had some good points around technical and what to make about once-market-leaders. Thought you might like to post this up on ST since people are now (FINALLY) starting to heed warnings and think about how much further this could tank.

See below:
    To compound money, and not your losses, you need to be aware of an insidious probability I call the 50/80 Rule. Here it is: Once a secular market leader puts in major top, there’s a 50 percent chance that it will decline by 80 percent—and an 80 percent chance it will decline by 50 percent.

Think about these probabilities for a moment. After a stock makes a huge upward move, it will almost assuredly drop by 50 percent when it ultimately tops out. And, it’s a flip of a coin whether that downward move will be as much as 80 percent. The average percentage decline that big market leaders experience once they top is 70%. Timing is not the point I’m making here. This story is a cautionary tale about paying attention to the first loss to hit your radar.

Every major decline starts as a minor pullback. If you have the discipline to heed sound trading rules, you will limit your losses while they’re small and you will not throw good money after bad. But if you rationalize all the reasons why your stop should be ignored or why you shouldn’t use a stop in the first place, then the damage will be far greater when the stock keeps dropping. And if you “average down” through that drop, thinking this stock just has to turn around at some point, then the uncontrolled losses will devastate you psychologically, and eventually decimate your trading account.

Holding a hard falling stock or worse, buying more may make you money once, twice, or a few times. But at some point your stocks will keep on falling. You won’t have just a loss on your original position; you’ll also lose on the additional shares you’ve bought. At this point, you might really compound your mistakes by convincing yourself this has to be the bottom, so you should buy even more! Some investors are so egotistical about accepting mistakes that they double down several times. Amateur traders strive to be right, pros strive to make money.

Buying broken leaders may work for you at some point. But the reality is, you’re compounding mistakes—not money–-and eventually, this behavior will bite you hard and ultimately destroy any chances you have for stellar performance. That’s a guarantee!

A bit sobering, eh?

So, if we take the recent high of $21.74, the 80% probably of it hitting $10.87 has now been completed. Unfortunately, holders deep underwater now have the very real, flip-a-coin-chance, of seeing it declince 80% from those highs to $4.35. YIKES! As cited above, the average decline is 70%, equating to $6.52 - and is much inline with yours and Balance's views (spooky, eh?). Me thinks some posters on ST should start heeding warnings from both of you, yesterday.

Plenty more fish in the sea to be playing with on the stock market than a once-darling growth company with compressing margins, declining revenue and a possible loss of market sector and brand power. Those who claim they are long-term sure better have a better intestinal fortitude than those who require A2M as the coming year or two is going to be very, very difficult indeed...
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-12-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I gather the 50/80 rule has been around for some time. Isn’t what we are seeing the effect of a temporary one in one hundred year event, I.e Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I gather the 50/80 rule has been around for some time. Isn’t what we are seeing the effect of a temporary one in one hundred year event, I.e Covid?
    I don't know, I had never heard of it until my friend emailed me the above and asked me to share it so its up to people to DYOR on that. That's essentially how the directors are explaining it. Whether there are systemic issues about loss of brand power, geopolitical questions about the CCP encouraging buy China made, slowdown or growth from aggressive pricing practices by Fontera with their Karicare A2 product and other competition slowing growth is the key question investors have to decide for themselves.

For me technical analysis is your best friend when there's so much fundamental uncertainty about the possible growth rate going forward. The trend is definitely not your friend at present, (unless one is short) but at some stage in the future it will be.

I liked the first video with the bear case...pretty much how I see it although I am also factoring in another downgrade, hence my $6. I think with the second video its extremely simplistic to simply take the average PE for the last 4-5 years and say that's an appropriate multiple going forward. Takes no account of the slowing growth rate in the last couple of years and the way the growth has tanked and gone into reverse this year and no account of the apparent governance credibility issue I've discussed previously. Also takes no account of the risks I've mentioned in my first paragraph.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-12-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The last three months on this particular forum have reminded me so much of when the same crew were attacking RD & Xero in 2014/15. I continued to hold through all the drivel and is now 5x the value of my house with no intention of selling. The same goes for a2, this is a once in a lifetime innovation in a commodity category. People need to stop looking through their microscope and get in a satellite to see the bigger picture unfolding. Looking forward to replying to this message in 5 years on my yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Rinse and repeat

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Good reasoning... too conservative but thanks for posting