sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Very gloomy from Sinlait, I take more notice of that than the last Ten pages of waffle on this thread.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    This is far from over, Q is will it go under $10.00 ?
    Hmmmm, looking like it is but IMHO if it goes under $10 then that a big over reaction and good buying, the sky IS NOT FALLING !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Very gloomy from Sinlait, I take more notice of that than the last Ten pages of waffle on this thread.
    I think Synlait were very restrained in what they disclosed - for good reason

Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year me old mate ratkin - all the best
    Last edited by winner69; 21-12-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "27 Jan 2020 & 6 April 2020"

hardly just in time...
    Guess it shows that pertinent information relating to how a company is actually & really doing can be gleaned from simple everyday things!

Updated research from Morningstar.

Valuation: $16.30 Undervalued but there is time to purchase

A2 Milk Facing Near-Term Challenges, but Shares Offer Margin of Safety; FVE Maintained

Investment rating

While The A2 Milk Company's highest-growth days are behind it, we still expect solid future gains, with market share opportunities in Chinese infant formula, North American fresh milk, and other global dairy products supporting our outlook for 12.5% annual earnings per-share growth over the next decade.

And with minimal capital investment needs, A2 is set to enjoy stellar returns on invested capital and strong free cash flow.

We think the firm has carved out a narrow economic moat, owing to its brand intangible assets. However, the firm's future success relies mostly on developments in the Chinese infant formula market, where we estimate A2 generates more than 80% of its earnings through both direct sales and Australian third parties.

We expect the firm's market share to climb to about 17% by fiscal 2030 from more than 6% in fiscal 2019, although competition and increased marketing needs present near-term risks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think Synlait were very restrained in what they disclosed - dor good reason

Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year me old mate ratkin - all the best
    Yeah enjoy the holidays, we all earned them this year

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Some great companies have suffered some big set backs.
    Mainfreight listed at $2 .Were going to take on the world.First stop Australia went terribly wrong.So they fixed it.
    MFT share price 6/2/2000 $1.66 ..25/2/2001 $1.18....19/1/2003 $1.12...Latest $62.66
    Ebos.Just a pretty ordinary medical supply distributor.Lost Clark agency for joints at one stage,which was a very profitable part of their business.Expansion into Australia went badly,so they fixed it.
    EBO share price 30/1/2000 $3.39....27/5/2001 $2.05....1/5/2005 $3.41...Latest $25.75
    XRO.Xero.Going to set the world on fire.Something goes wrong they fix it.
    XRO share price 18/11/2011 $4.62...9/3/2014 .$41.93...7/12/2014 $15.18. Latest $150.59.
    So the question A2 shareholders have ask themselves is whether A2 is a great company or an ordinary company?

ps.I brought my first holding of PAZ in April 2011 at 3.5 cents.Luckily for me few others posted on that thread.If they had they would have rated PAZ as a sell.Everything that could go wrong for them did go wrong,so they would have been right..lol..Latest share price 55 cents.
    Unfortunately few people have foresight to conclude whether A2 is a great company or ordinary company. I reckon even A2 management don't know. So share investing always involves some degree of gambling. For A2, I am convinced Chinese people still like their products(otherwise why MBS revenue rise strongly?), thus I will give the management some time to fix the issues.

Disc.: currently not holding, but keen to enter

People looking for an alternative valuation UBS has released one earlier today, reduced TP from NZ$20.50 to NZ$17 buy

Massive 60m shorts still need to close and expecting this to bounce to NZ$15

Make your own mind up concerning.......... RISK - REWARD

$10 support in aus if it breaks new lows coming .... lets go boys
    one step ahead of the herd

Serious question,

Does the ATM "A2 infant formula" product have any technology/secret formula etc are protected via IP regarding its infant formula that make it substantially better and a reason to buy vs. something like Karicare A2, Nestle A2 etc or any of the other branded A2 IF products?

Or is it just marketing/branding that their infant formula has as far as IP goes?