sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I thought that was the total number of shares shorted. 8.2% of the total shares on issue?
    Yes, total number of shares shorted as of 16 Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    People keep saying this sort of thing as if it is all over.
    Go back and you find 'well done buying at $18 or $19' etc
    Is the downward fall over or is it taking a breather (a dead cat bounce)?
    Sold at $20.20

At the risk of sounding a bit dumb, can anyone enlighten me with how a share buy back works? At what point would the company have to disclose this has occurred, I assume we wouldn’t know until it had happened?

What effect would this have on earnings per share. Am I on the right track in thinking eps increases because less shares are in the market?
    Company would need to announce their intention to buy back and any relevant rules they decided on (like first day of buyback, buyback period and maximum daily volume like e.g. not more than 20% of trading volume every day or similar).

Company would then announce every morning after buying back shares how many they did buy back the day before.

Whether earnings ratio per share increases with the buyback depends on whether the company decides to cancel the shares (in this case obviously proportional earning for the remaining shares increases) or whether they keep them in reserve (companies decision). If they keep them in reserve, it obviously depends on what they ultimately do with the shares they bought back ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Company would need to announce their intention to buy back and any relevant rules they decided on (like first day of buyback, buyback period and maximum daily volume like e.g. not more than 20% of trading volume every day or similar).

Company would then announce every morning after buying back shares how many they did buy back the day before.

Whether earnings ratio per share increases with the buyback depends on whether the company decides to cancel the shares (in this case obviously proportional earning for the remaining shares increases) or whether they keep them in reserve (companies decision). If they keep them in reserve, it obviously depends on what they ultimately do with the shares they bought back ....
    Great , thanks

Advanced Member

Looks like sharesies is helping things along buying in aggressively this morning. Have decided to hold back and not sell a small portion I had on the market 2 days ago. I notice it is up $1.26 from the yearly low of $10.46c....45hours ago
    Last edited by see weed; 23-12-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Looks like sharesies is helping things along buying in aggressively this morning. Have decided to hold back and not sell a small portion I had on the market 2 days ago. I notice it is up $1.26 from the yearly low of $10.46c 45hours ago
    I'm not entirely convinced the trend has changed. I want to average down from a parcel I purchased for $15 a while back, but I'll give it a few days to see where things head. I guess we are entirely dependent on which way the ASX heads after it opens.

I'm not entirely convinced the trend has changed. I want to average down from a parcel I purchased for $15 a while back, but I'll give it a few days to see where things head. I guess we are entirely dependent on which way the ASX heads after it opens.
    You hell bent on averaging down eh

Do the maths

Say you going to buy 50% more shares at a lower price than $15

At $12 average would be $14.00
    At $11 average would be $13.67
    At $10 say average would be $13.33

Not that much different - just buy now - or maybe you should have done as suggested the other day - buy some then ($10 something) and more a bit later on at more or less.

Good luck
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Will be interesting to see what percentage insto's now hold of a2 maybe 90% at a guess be a great battle amongst themselves for the balance...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You hell bent on averaging down eh

Do the maths

Say you going to buy 50% more shares at a lower price than $15

At $12 average would be $14.00
    At $11 average would be $13.67
    At $10 say average would be $13.33

Not that much different - just buy now - or maybe you should have done as suggested the other day - buy some then ($10 something) and more a bit later on at more or less.

Good luck
    If I'd done as suggested the other day I would have followed several others on this forum and sold the lot. Fortunately I didn't listen to that advice or follow others, and didn't sell a thing.

Yes I am hell bent on averaging down, but dont want to add to losses either. I want to see a few days of positive momentum and will then weigh up advice as to what professional traders think the price movement will be. Doesn't worry me if I have to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Looks like sharesies is helping things along buying in aggressively this morning. Have decided to hold back and not sell a small portion I had on the market 2 days ago. I notice it is up $1.26 from the yearly low of $10.46c....45hours ago
    Why do you say sharsies?