sharetrader
    Risk Manager for FTX

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Think shot shock absorber as an alternative scenario - Ignored and not acknowledged by the company & some on the market .

Company happily carries on driving down the now metal road after leaving the smooth highway.

Karicare A2 IF $32 vs ATM $44 - $44 comes down or $32 goes up?
    Pepsi 1.5L $1.70, Coca-Cola 1.5L $3.80.

Naturally, brand loyalty doesn't exist and consumers are completely rational.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Think shot shock absorber as an alternative scenario - Ignored and not acknowledged by the company & some on the market .

Company happily carries on driving down the now metal road after leaving the smooth highway.

Karicare A2 IF $32 vs ATM $44 - $44 comes down or $32 goes up?
    Asian people I know always go for the most expensive item, to them, it must seem to be the best. I have seen it happen at retail stores as well. It’s like giving them a boost to their ego. Also like carrying wads of cash.

It makes no sense to me, but it does to them.

I saw this posted on HC which was apparently information written for Chinese investors (https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/337852279) translated into english in the image. I thought points 4, 5, 6 on the advantages side were interesting when many think A2 product is priced higher than competitors.

Attachment 12162

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...654/338149.pdf

"...A key feature of a2MC’s proposed investment in MVM is that MVM’s current majority shareholder, China Animal Husbandry Group (CAHG), will retain a 25% interest in MVM alongside a2MC. CAHG is a wholly owned subsidiary of China National Agriculture Development Group Co., Ltd, which is also the parent company of a2MC’s strategic logistics and distribution partner in China, CSFA Holdings Shanghai, Co., Ltd. (China State Farm)...."

"....• partnering with a highly-respected China state owned enterprise in CAHG, to assist in further developing the business, including into China;
    • the opportunity to produce additional infant nutrition products for China and other markets; and
    the ability to capture manufacturing margin...."

"...Dr.Xue, Chairman of MVM, said, “CAHG welcomes The a2 Milk Company as a strategic partner as both companies share the same vision of creating large scale world-class nutritional manufacturing at MVM. a2MC already works closely with our sister company China State Farm and is well respected in the China market. CAHG would like to thank our local farmers and staff for their continued support and is looking forward to MVM being a significant contributor in the Southland economy...”

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Asian people I know always go for the most expensive item, to them, it must seem to be the best. I have seen it happen at retail stores as well. It’s like giving them a boost to their ego. Also like carrying wads of cash.

It makes no sense to me, but it does to them.
    Not true.

Comes down to what and when they are buying.

I should know - we export a range of NZ products to Asia, mostly to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

Speaking from my own experience. Once the children is happy with the range or brand... I would not change it for anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

And week later, Pepsi $3.00, Cocal-Cola $1.85.

Oldest trick in the book - brand rotation sales in supermarkets.

ETA chips sale one week, Blue Bird chips another.

There is supermarket sale rotation as well - chicken on sale at Oak n Save one week, Countdown the next.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-12-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Herbacious

I think the more telling quote in that announcement (for those that take an interest in the relationship with SML anyway):
    With the business currently producing a high proportion of commodity milk powder products, our plans for
    MVM are to support its transition to being a manufacturer of predominantly consumer packaged
    nutritional products for a2MC over the medium term.

It then goes on to talk about having MVM producing significant nutritional volumes by 2025. Isn't that roughly when SML's contract comes up?

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    I think the more telling quote in that announcement (for those that take an interest in the relationship with SML anyway):
    With the business currently producing a high proportion of commodity milk powder products, our plans for
    MVM are to support its transition to being a manufacturer of predominantly consumer packaged

It then goes on to talk about having MVM producing significant nutritional volumes by 2025. Isn't that roughly when SML's contract comes up?
    31st July 2025. MVM hasn't been purchased solely to manufacture cans of IF. Plenty of new products in the pipeline for A2

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post

My thoughts play safe and use two manufacturing plants...............Maybe the expansion into America happening perhaps?