sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A number of people have been banned permanently.
    Others have not been able to sign in.
    A good few have received temporary bans.
    While the most knowledgeable poster ever ,Phraedus, left because of harassment from knockers.
    Agree, so miss Phraedrus, an inspiration getting me into TA.

Roger has a two week holiday with right to return, it’s up to him to choose. It might have been on the nose to point the bone at Couta they way he did but I think he knows that.

I hope he comes back as well, it’s up to him to decide.

A number of people have been banned permanently.
    Others have not been able to sign in.
    A good few have received temporary bans.
    While the most knowledgeable poster ever ,Phraedus, left because of harassment from knockers.
    Phraedus was before my time. I do remember reading and enjoying Sparky the Clown’s posts. He disappeared all of a sudden. I am sure he wasn’t banned as he was always a gentleman from memory. I do wonder what happened to him.

The only thing that I do not like about sharetrader is that once a person leaves or is banned all their posts disappear with them. A lot of good work gets lost which I think is a great pity.
    Last edited by Brain; 29-12-2020 at 08:59 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Phraedus was before my time. I do remember reading and enjoying Sparky the Clown’s posts. He disappeared all of a sudden. I am sure he wasn’t banned as he was always a gentleman from memory. I do wonder what happened to him.
    He remains a very successful investor.
    Was an early [large] investor in PPH.
    I think he left as he wanted to remain anonymous.
    As you pointed out always a gentleman.
    He helped me a lot [and others], and did a huge amount of research, including company visits to talk to managements.

ps.A lot of former posters have left, as they have taken positions with fund managers and the like,and it would be a conflict of interest to keep posting here.One started his own fund,and it has grown to be one of NZ leading funds.[He would most probably correct me, and say it is NZ's best fund.]

pps.Dr.Who was another poster who comes to mind.Posters would write a long detailed post and Dr.Who would reply "It's
    a dog."He kept buying Elders in Aussie.It just kept falling.He kept buying,and buying and buying.Think he got sick of every one telling him he was mad and Elders were "a dog",so he left ST.Well I think he just kept buying Elders, until he finally drove the price up.Guess he had the last laugh when Elders came right,and he made a fortune..
    Last edited by percy; 29-12-2020 at 09:43 PM.

He helped me a lot [and others], and did a huge amount of research, including company visits to talk to managements.

ps.A lot of former posters have left, as they have taken positions with fund managers and the like,and it would be a conflict of interest to keep posting here.One started his own fund,and it has grown to be one of NZ leading funds.[He would most probably correct me, and say it is NZ's best fund.]

pps.Dr.Who was another poster who comes to mind.Posters would write a long detailed post and Dr.Who would reply "It's
    a dog."He kept buying Elders in Aussie.It just kept falling.He kept buying,and buying and buying.Think he got sick of every one telling him he was mad and Elders were "a dog",so he left ST.Well I think he just kept buying Elders, until he finally drove the price up.Guess he had the last laugh when Elders came right,and he made a fortune..
    Your ps about posters becoming fund managers comes as no surprise to me. When I first found sharetrader 7 odd years ago it became apparent to me very quickly that some of the posters had a very deep understanding of the sharemarket. I followed up a number of very good leads from posters and made some very good gains. I remember you Percy being an advocate for Heartland bank very early on which I made good money on. I thank you for your effort with that.

Guru

winner(n), "Solid recovery of A2 shareprice continues"

provides an interesting example to follow and im sure O'Niel would love to chart this one out.

So far the TA has followed an almost perfect chart to news relationship. 10 has so much support in the chart it was nice to see it bounce back up.

10 was clearly a bottom on the Chart unless someone else thinks it should have been lower and our eye sight is poor with the little ruler lines..
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-12-2020 at 11:08 PM.

agree years ago there were quite a number of very good posters some that i remember

phaedrus very good for teaching t/a to the people
    stowyk cant remeber if i spelt it right very good fundamental analysis
    brother coy character and predicted the metals boom in aus and the crash in 2007
    arco very good t/a person as well
    many more even myself lol but it was hard to stand out as so many good posters back then.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    agree years ago there were quite a number of very good posters some that i remember

many more even myself lol but it was hard to stand out as so many good posters back then.
    Yep mate - there's been me and you

I've always appreciated what the B-Team has offered over the years.

Yes, Bull, Balance and Beagle are truly a great team (even though their views are often quite diverse but diversity of views is a great thing)
    Last edited by winner69; 30-12-2020 at 08:26 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Milk might be the drink of choice right now but water is really going to be the roaring bull market of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Milk might be the drink of choice right now but water is really going to be the roaring bull market of the future.
    The film Tank Girl predicted it

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    The Just Water man Falkenstein has learned, man cannot live on water alone.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”