sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Suspect they are counting on the new CEO coming in and attempting to wipe the slate clean with a third downgrade.
    My mom-in-law (bless her boots) always used to say deaths come in three's.

Lot's of talk in this thread about 'bad news' or 'downgrades' coming in 'three's."

Most things happen in three's.... they also happen in one's and two's.....and even four's.

Since the last ATM downgrade there has been good news of SML 'winning' their court case, plus good news of ATM confirming their purchase of Mataura Valley Milk. Ssoo some bad news followed by some good news. Ain't that interesting.

JMHO and for what it's worth I am not advocating buying ATM until we see evidence of a firm up-trend ..... then maybe uptrends and good news happen in threes too!
    Last edited by Leftfield; 07-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    My mom-in-law (bless her boots) always used to say deaths come in three's.

Lot's of talk in this thread about 'bad news' or 'downgrades' coming in 'three's."

Most things happen in three's.... they also happen in one's and two's.....and even four's.

Since the last ATM downgrade there has been good news of SML 'winning' their court case, plus good news of ATM confirming their purchase of Mataura Valley Milk. Ssoo some bad news followed by some good news. Ain't that interesting.

JMHO and for what it's worth I am not advocating buying ATM until we see evidence of a firm up-trend ..... then maybe uptrends and good news happen in threes too!
    Actually, good news from good companies come in multiples as they build on ever stronger foundation and their growing business base.

Let’s hope ATM is able to move to a multiple good news cycle after all the downgrades are done with.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Outside thinking.

Meanwhile BAU as A2 launches A2 powdered milk to support it's long life 'fresh' milk as it diversifies from reliance on IF in China.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.09.49 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Meanwhile BAU as A2 launches A2 powdered milk to support it's long life 'fresh' milk as it diversifies from reliance on IF in China.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.09.49 PM.jpg
    Thanks for sharing LF looks perfect for milkshakes..............

This is how the short manipulate the price . No wonder the Sp was down on Weds 6/1.
    Normally you will notice only around 2-800k shorts per day. but on Weds it was 2.2M shorted. Wondering if the shorts buy back what will the Sp be ?

Daily Gross Short Sales reported for 06-Jan-2021,
    ASX Limited (ASX) & Chi-X Australia (CHI-X)A2M THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED FPO NZ 2,269,460 742,606,937
    Last edited by tomm; 08-01-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    This is how the short manipulate the price . No wonder the Sp was down on Weds 6/1.
    Normally you will notice only around 2-800k shorts per day. but on Weds it was 2.2M shorted. Wondering if the shorts buy back what will the Sp be ?

Daily Gross Short Sales reported for 06-Jan-2021,
    ASX Limited (ASX) & Chi-X Australia (CHI-X)A2M THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED FPO NZ 2,269,460 742,606,937
    What is the manipulation?

Shorters take a negative view of a stock and expect to benefit from that view when the sp falls, just as investors go long and expect to benefit when the sp rises.

Stock Exchanges encourage shorting as an important component of a healthy & liquid exchange.

And as you so rightly pointed out, the shorters are going to have to buy back the stocks they shorted sometime in the future. We have seen them badly burnt & mauled before.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-01-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Shorters take a negative view of a stock and expect to benefit from that view when the sp falls, just as investors go long and expect to benefit when the sp rises.

Stock Exchanges encourage shorting as an important component of a healthy & liquid exchange.
    I read somewhere that financial institutions can not be shorted. If it is so healthy I wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    I read somewhere that financial institutions can not be shorted. If it is so healthy I wonder why ?
    Not true.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=Wbc

Shorting is a hard gig imo - it goes against the primary premise behind the Stockmarket which is to invest for sp gain.

But it has its place as do derivatives like options, be them puts or calls.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-01-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Not true.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=Wbc

Shorting is a hard gig imo - it goes against the primary premise behind the Stockmarket which is to invest for sp gain.

But it has its place as do derivatives like options, be them puts or calls.
    My investing method has been the old fashioned Buy Hold.......hard to teach an old dog new tricks

And as you so rightly pointed out, the shorters are going to have to buy back the stocks they shorted sometime in the future. We have seen them badly burnt & mauled before.
    You are probably have been long enought to understand the Sp will be depressed and doesn't show its true value ,unless you are a shorter or looking for an entry.