sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but who is CAHG?

BTW, you have not replied to how posters in HC are able to identify Ord Minnett as the huge buyer of millions of shares - genuinely interested to know as I have not been able to obtain said information from my broking sources since trades and depth were made incognito years ago.

CAHG (China Animal Husbandry Group)

Take a quick look on HC , they post screen shots of broker data showing buys and sells. I’ve seen Ord Minnett on a few of those lists. Plenty of comments there about Ord Minnett buying. I simply try not to double post too much from HC into Sharetrader as I know most here follow HC closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    CAHG (China Animal Husbandry Group)

Take a quick look on HC , they post screen shots of broker data showing buys and sells. I’ve seen Ord Minnett on a few of those lists. Plenty of comments there about Ord Minnett buying. I simply try not to double post too much from HC into Sharetrader as I know most here follow HC closely.
    Thanks.

The screen shots I have seen (over the years) are often no more than lists of shareholders with the likes of Ord Minnett Nominees, Citicorp Nominees etc - simply means that institutions have been buying and putting into nominees. Posters do not have a clue as to who are actually buying!
    Last edited by Balance; 13-01-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thanks.

The screen shots I have seen (over the years) are often of lists of shareholders with the likes of Ord Minnett Nominees, Citicorp Nominees etc - simply means that institutions have been buying and putting into nominees.
    To be honest I don’t really follow it, but there are lists they call “broker data”. Some track it quite closely, and you’ll often see people asking for the past weeks broker data.
    A few people pointed out how many shares Ord Minnett were buying in the past week while also subsequently issuing a lower price target.

I’m not overly interested in the info, as not too concerned about short term price movements, what matters to me is where the share price is in say 12 months to 2 years.
    I still believe in the long term story and we wouldn’t be where we are if it wasn’t for Covid.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 13-01-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Investments

Current Price action is showing market wants to find out its bottom first ...AUD 10 is crucial if breaks then much lower levels possible in the short term .

But thats the process every down trending SP goes thru ...keep falling till it finds support ...more buyers then sellers to stop the fall

Or something big changes fundamentally which makes sellers into buyers overnight

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    .....Or something big changes fundamentally which makes sellers into buyers overnight
    or buyers into sellers..

Goldman Sachs has downgraded to Neutral with 12 month target in high NZ$12's. They have been one of the more bullish investment houses and downgrading on each each earnings downgrade, so probably grain of salt stuff. The shorters are the ones who have been accurately predicting the short term future.

Disc: no holding at time of posting, but regularly trading both long and short.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    or buyers into sellers..
    That has already happened buddy thats why we reached 11.20 again ...now 80% sellers and 20% buyers left ...very soon bottom will be found if company still worth investing and has its long term story intact ...thats a important question which buyers/holders need to answer to themselves .

On fundamental level following developments are worth noting

1. Many other brands locally or well respected foreign ones have now A2 only products

2. Brand strength of ATM is getting tested and at present its not doing great on that parameter

3. Overall company seems to be rudderless and management initiatives are not yet forth coming ...maybe waiting for new boss to takeover and put his ideas into the mix

4. Covid situation and its logistics problems are not going away soon

5. Market is huge which attracts other players too in a big way and margins were too high to attract very serious deep pocket players ...thus changing the overall market dynamics in a bigger picture way

It's fascinating how the SP is again being manipulated at the ASX open.

Just in the NZX today: at midday, bang, in came sell orders for 4,800 shares @ $11.22, 4,800 shares @ $11.23, 4,800 shares @ $11.24, 4,800 shares @ $11.25 and 4,800 shares at $11.26. This from a steady level of $11.60 on the NZX just prior.

At time of writing, they've all been snapped up and more sell orders have appeared: 4,800 shares @ $11.30 and 4,800 shares @ $11.31.

Someone really wants to give the SP a solid knock and is using the NZX to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    That has already happened buddy thats why we reached 11.20 again ...now 80% sellers and 20% buyers left ...very soon bottom will be found if company still worth investing and has its long term story intact ...thats a important question which buyers/holders need to answer to themselves .

On fundamental level following developments are worth noting

1. Many other brands locally or well respected foreign ones have now A2 only products

2. Brand strength of ATM is getting tested and at present its not doing great on that parameter

3. Overall company seems to be rudderless and management initiatives are not yet forth coming ...maybe waiting for new boss to takeover and put his ideas into the mix

4. Covid situation and its logistics problems are not going away soon

5. Market is huge which attracts other players too in a big way and margins were too high to attract very serious deep pocket players ...thus changing the overall market dynamics in a bigger picture way

That's balanced

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by wagwan View Post
    That's balanced
    Was looking for reasons why we at SP 11.20 ...so needed to be negative developments to be down from 22 to 11 levels ...I thought that was elementary ...