sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    That has already happened buddy thats why we reached 11.20 again ...now 80% sellers and 20% buyers left ...very soon bottom will be found if company still worth investing and has its long term story intact ...thats a important question which buyers/holders need to answer to themselves - assume here you're talking fundamentals

On fundamental level following developments are worth noting Yep

1. Many other brands locally or well respected foreign ones have now A2 only products

2. Brand strength of ATM is getting tested and at present its not doing great on that parameter

3. Overall company seems to be rudderless and management initiatives are not yet forth coming ...maybe waiting for new boss to takeover and put his ideas into the mix

4. Covid situation and its logistics problems are not going away soon

5. Market is huge which attracts other players too in a big way and margins were too high to attract very serious deep pocket players ...thus changing the overall market dynamics in a bigger picture way

All essentially forward looking issues

Sorry, though when you're talking 'long term story' and 'important questions...to answer' you were forward looking. Elementary though, so must have gone over my head

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by wagwan View Post
    Sorry, though when you're talking 'long term story' and 'important questions...to answer' you were forward looking. Elementary though, so must have gone over my head
    Hope u know that current SP is a sum of market's forward looking wisdom ....so trying to know what market is giving importance to at the moment to drive a SP of 11.20 ...that will help us understand what in future possibly can change to change the current SP in either direction .

Anyways it was just my humble thoughts ...no need worry too much about it .

Seems Goldmans Sucks is playing games now.........

I wonder when will we realise that the company is just overrated, it's just milk, A2 is nothing special and can be replicated and duplicated easily, stock price was overvalued and $11 is the true value?

disc: lost 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I wonder when will we realise that the company is just overrated, it's just milk, A2 is nothing special and can be replicated and duplicated easily, stock price was overvalued and $11 is the true value?

It's just a soft drink, coke is nothing special and can be replicated and duplicated easily - so Coca Cola is over-rated?

Guess that is why it is still a shining star in Warren Buffett's portfolio.

ATM has built itself an enviable premium position in the milk market in China and is the original A2 milk company. I believe the question that investors need to tackle is whether it can continue to command that premium position and use it (as Coca Cola has) across a greater product range. There is an issue with management ability and credibility in my mind currently which also needs to addressed - 2 down grades in a short time are not confidence endearing!
    Last edited by Balance; 14-01-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's just a soft drink, coke is nothing special and can be replicated and duplicated easily - so Coca Cola is over-rated?

Guess that is why it is still a shining star in Warren Buffett's portfolio.
    Exactly, and ATM have demonstrated that it is pretty good at brand management so far.

A shame you didn’t think of that before you invested. I guess if you hadn’t lost 40% your feelings would be different.

Plenty of companies can be easily replicated but are still success stories and bring incredible returns for share holders, I’m thinking banks, insurance companies, bakeries, actually nearly every food producer.
    You may have heard of Graeme Hart, NZ’s richest man made a good chunk of his fortune from Goodman fielder who believe it or not make bread. You realise how easily you can bake bread? It’s all about marketing and branding these days.

...and Apple just produces phones...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    ...and Apple just produces phones...
    There is a vast difference between high spec manufactured products like phones and computers, and commodity based products.

Outside thinking.

While sad for your loss, I disagree that A2 is nothing special. Your claim runs counter to mounting scientific evidence against A1 milk.

In addition here are just some of A2's patents and patents pending.

Beta-casein a2 and prevention of inflammation of the bowel
    Beta-casein a2 and reducing or preventing symptoms of lactose intolerance
    Beta-casein a2 and blood glucose levels
    Beta-casein a2 and antioxidant capacity
    Infant formula comprising human milk peptides
    Beta-caseins and cognitive function
    Beta-caseins and gut microbiota
    A2 beta-casein and viscosity of milk products

Disc - Holding (free held and have racked up 100% pa gains with ATM since approx 2013. I regard the current downturn as a temporary blip in the long term trend, of course I'm biased so DYOR.)