sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thanks, Poet - bang on.

Now back to ATM.

Notice how the sp gets bought up on small volume each morning on NZX before ASX opens, and then get sold down?

Either the naive are buying without being aware of market dynamics or yes, I agree that there's some market 'manipulation' going on.
    There are sometimes "late rallys" on the ASX so opening on NZX is just to achieve parity is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Notice how the sp gets bought up on small volume each morning on NZX before ASX opens, and then get sold down?

Either the naive are buying without being aware of market dynamics or yes, I agree that there's some market 'manipulation' going on.
    Most other markets have a minimum lot size, eg 100 shares - why not the NZX? What's the history there?

Seems ludicrous to have share transactions of 1, 2, 3, etc shares being quoted. Isn't that part of what that trader was accused of last month, trying to 'lead the market' with multiple small trades?

OMG market manipulation, what surely not on ATM ............

Some call it daily GAMES

Banned

Lol... bitter isnt it? Got attacked by losing money shareholders....lol

Peace n quiet now....I shall leave the sinking ship to the captain....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Lol... bitter isnt it? Got attacked by losing money shareholders....lol

Peace n quiet now....I shall leave the sinking ship to the captain....
    Great, see ya.

(BTW no one is attacking you, they are simply calling you out for the racist you are).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Every group of people contains good and bad people. Putting however negative attributes which happen in all human groups just on one of them is racism.

Easy as that.
    Yup - you nailed it. What are ya - some leftie woke treehugging greenie?

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    What are ya - some leftie woke treehugging greenie?
    Depends where the people are sitting who you ask Some people here used to label me "extreme right" (talk with Westerly or El Zorro), while others love to label me "extreme left" (particularly the Trumpistas of sharetrader). The label "woke treehugging greenie" is new for me, but you don't need to be proud to label people.

If you ask me .. I am sitting comfortably in the middle (liberal, not libertarian) and choose at election time whoever is in my view at the time the best party to run the country. Sometimes this is conservative (National / ACT) and sometimes this is conservational / progressive (Green and / or Labor).

Looking at my values - I do value honesty and integrity, which naturally biased me against Trump. I can't stand liars, racists and crooks.

But that's just me ... what about you?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-01-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guilty on all counts - Sometimes I even imagine the trees hug me back. The guys I hang out with in the menz movement certainly do

ATM is currently down to 30% of my portfolio by value with 53% unrealised profit on avge cost of 713. I don't trade, having found I'm not very good at it.
    When I have extra money (and as I am now completely retired that is unlikely in the immediate future) I buy whichever of the 8 NZX shares I hold seems the best "buy", and when I need money, I sell whichever seems least likely to go up in the short term. My last buy was PEB at 24, and my last sale was OCA at 110 or thereabouts

Banned

Hahha... sinking ship

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Depends where the people are sitting who you ask Some people here used to label me "extreme right" (talk with Westerly or El Zorro), while others love to label me "extreme left" (particularly the Trumpistas of sharetrader). The label "woke treehugging greenie" is new for me, but you don't need to be proud to label people.

If you ask me .. I am sitting comfortably in the middle (liberal, not libertarian) and choose at election time whoever is in my view at the time the best party to run the country. Sometimes this is conservative (National / ACT) and sometimes this is conservational / progressive (Green and / or Labor).

Looking at my values - I do value honesty and integrity, which naturally biased me against Trump. I can't stand liars, racists and crooks.

But that's just me ... what about you?
    Very well said Black Peter. PC nonsense reins I'm afraid. Live well, happy and with integrity
    Regards,
    -dodgy
    Last edited by dodgy; 19-01-2021 at 03:29 PM. Reason: dodgy spelling / missed word