sharetrader

Knowledge and insight are appreciated #Beagle. Thankyou

That single post, (there could have been two in the whole holiday period, I can't recall exactly to be honest) did include that famous saying...but as I said I am retiring from guard dog duties on any share I don't own and that specifically also includes, (but is certainly not limited too) Synlait. I know some will be disappointed but 10 years plus is a long time of guard dog duties and the level of negativity that I find that comes from sharing an objective, unbiased but negative view is simply not worth the effort any more.

I remain happy to opine on any company in which I have a financial interest.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-01-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Personally, I dont get much value out of negativity coming from posters who dont directly hold a stock. Plenty of them on HotCopper who dont hold A2 yet have a sell sentiment.
    the negative opinion expressed on here about ATM share price by several people over several months, turned out to be right. That is worth something? Those of us who bought on the downslide (me included) were wrong. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For the record, I only posted one post on Hot Copper to point out pending possible issues with MSCI rebalancing. Coutts, you and others needn't worry about me trying to help others on stocks I don't own any more. I simply can't be bothered with all the negativity that comes with that. Some will be pleased, others disappointed...it is what it is, after 10 years plus my days of guard dog duties on shares in which I have no financial interest are over. I'm 60 this year and simply do not need or want the drama anymore.

Good luck to holders of ATM shares. Also for the record, I have sold all my Kingfish warrants and cleansed myself from any exposure at all to ATM.
    Hope you change your mind later on in the year and become a guard dog again. Very helpful to us less experienced investors. Your recent posts on HLG, HGH, TRA, KFL, OCA etc have been quite insightful and again, helpful. However, I do understand if you choose not to given what Greg just posted..

Negative opinion is great when it adds value, but not when it goes to the extreme of personally attacking the investment strategies of others. I don't have any issue with people posting a contrarian view, but there comes a time when its not appropriate to make personal attacks towards other posters, especially when they have made it clear they are no longer present in the forum. Unfortunately true colours appeared with those posts.

Personally, I dont get much value out of negativity coming from posters who dont directly hold a stock. Plenty of them on HotCopper who dont hold A2 yet have a sell sentiment.
    If you don't want the negative viewpoints you are going to get confirmation bias.
    Naturally a poster with a negative viewpoint won't hold the stock.

You should welcome negative viewpoints and take what you can from them. And the reverse, people should take what they can from positive viewpoints and then make their own investment decisions after doing their own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    If you don't want the negative viewpoints you are going to get confirmation bias.
    Naturally a poster with a negative viewpoint won't hold the stock.

You should welcome negative viewpoints and take what you can from them. And the reverse, people should take what they can from positive viewpoints and then make their own investment decisions after doing their own research.
    See my post above...

I concur RAWZ

.... its not appropriate to make personal attacks towards other posters...
    Yes, I agree. Call it out when you see it, then move on.

See my post above...
    MSCI rebalancing and downgrades coming in 3's is food for thought for you.
    What you were referring to happened last year and you need to move on my friend.