sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually, they have been buying back shares.
    I see. So buying them pushed the share price higher initially. I guess now another opportunity for them to start buying again. Only another 57,579,000 (approx) to buy back.
    That could be interpreted as shorters perhaps leaning towards a positive update end of Feb, and don’t want to be caught short?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I see. So buying them pushed the share price higher initially. I guess now another opportunity for them to start buying again. Only another 57,579,000 (approx) to buy back.
    That could be interpreted as shorters perhaps leaning towards a positive update end of Feb, and don’t want to be caught short?
    Taking some $$$ off the table and in the process, supporting the share price.

I am still picking a downgrade when the new CEO presents the H1 results - clear the decks & skeletons from the cupboards.

Taking some $$$ off the table and in the process, supporting the share price.

I am still picking a downgrade when the new CEO presents the H1 results - clear the decks & skeletons from the cupboards.
    I guess I would have thought that they would be doubling down and increasing their short position sizes if they were confident of another downgrade.
    I’m not confident either way, I suspect they feel the same. I was pleasantly surprised when I read the Bub’s quarterly update to see such a remarkable recovery in Daigou.

Probably just @bull closing but last few days shorts decreased by approx 1m (sorry plus the 4 days)

Think a2 would have notified market (by now) if forecast not met.
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 03-02-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Probably just @bull closing but last few days shorts decreased by approx 1m (sorry plus the 4 days)

Think a2 would have notified market (by now) if forecast not met.
    Which forecast u talking here buddy ? HY 670 mil figure or FY 1400 mil one ..

HY 670 is almost a certainty as was given 2 weeks before HY ended ...FY forecast changes too far ahead given their past experience of down grading 2 weeks before year ending date

So nothing much can change in HY numbers ...Full year guidance can change up or down and they have time to do that at HY announcement so no requirement to bring any price sensitive information before meeting
    Last edited by alokdhir; 03-02-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Investor

I pretty much doubt that, as they've revised guidance just before Christmas and re FY numbers, there're still bit of time to get a handle on things.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Which forecast u talking here buddy ? HY 670 mil figure or FY 1400 mil one ..

HY 670 is almost a certainty as was given 2 weeks before HY ended ...FY forecast changes too far ahead given their past experience of down grading 2 weeks before year ending date

So nothing much can change in HY numbers ...Full year guidance can change up or down and they have time to do that at HY announcement so no requirement to bring any price sensitive information before meeting
    He’s talking HY, which we know will be met. Unless the sh*t hits the fan with Covid between now and full year, given the updates from other companies about corporate Daigou recovering and strong sales in China, I’d lean towards FY guidance being met also. I don’t feel their FY guidance was overly optimistic, so things would have really go downhill to miss that target.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    He’s talking HY, which we know will be met. Unless the sh*t hits the fan with Covid between now and full year, given the updates from other companies about corporate Daigou recovering and strong sales in China, I’d lean towards FY guidance being met also. I don’t feel their FY guidance was overly optimistic, so things would have really go downhill to miss that target.
    Point I was trying to make that for FY guidance report to come there is lots of time ...as he was expecting an announcement about FY forecast now !!!!

He should be expecting that in the month of May IMHO

Point I was trying to make that for FY guidance report to come there is lots of time ...as he was expecting an announcement about FY forecast now !!!!

Usually towards end of August for FY.

New CEO is going to want to start his tenure with a clean slate.

Nothing worse than what happened to Ross Taylor at FBU - took over and did not account for all the skeletons in the cupboards.