sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Something I don't understand is how the Reddit crowd was ever not going to be burnt - the price was never going to stay up that high.
    Maybe it was to be a case of lots of the little people losing a little each but taking the big guys for a lot. At some stage the shorts were going to win as the price was just unreasonably high.
    From what I can gather on some of the NZ facebook groups, the mob believed they were part of some noble crusade to take down Wall Street and didn't care if they lost their dough while fighting the fight. Despite Wall Street shifting the goal posts mid game, the end game was always going to result in novice investors holding the bag as we are starting to see. So who really won?

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I know one person who was so swept up in the "we can beat the big guys" euphoria and got in at the wrong end of the rally and now is hoping it will come right again. Useless to talk to. Doesn't want to hear a single opinion about why he might be wrong. Reminds me of a mate who still tries to tell me that I just don't understand Tesla and there is still lots of value in it. But then I was the same many years ago and boy did I learn from my mistakes.
    This is very true, I was telling a group the other day to be careful as it will crash. As they proceed to add funds the next day it crashed and they insist it will fly again.
    Very funny how common sense goes out the window in pursuit of money.
    I can only hope no one burned to hard, but it will be a big lesson for many, in saying that not all take the lesson and insist they must "win"

could easily argue anyone invested in the market now has been swept up by the mania. be plenty of people telling you after the crash ... i told you so lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    From what I can gather on some of the NZ facebook groups, the mob believed they were part of some noble crusade to take down Wall Street and didn't care if they lost their dough while fighting the fight. Despite Wall Street shifting the goal posts mid game, the end game was always going to result in novice investors holding the bag as we are starting to see. So who really won?
    Agree -Wall St hedge funds manipulative practices have now been brought to the attention of regulators which was probably the goal. Also wonder if only been able to Sell but not Buy GME is considered FAIR

"Yellen has asked to discuss recent volatility and whether trade has been consistent with fair and efficient markets"

Swings in some Reddit favorites ease; Yellen eyes stock volatility | Reuters

Guru

To get this back on thread.

No comments on the $3.7 million the new boss picks up for simply parking his car in the correct spot next week. Taints of the last stuff up by the board.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

No comments on the $3.7 million the new boss picks up for simply parking his car in the correct spot next week. Taints of the last stuff up by the board.

Why are people always itching to "get back on thread"? Say something interesting and the thread will follow. That is the thread. Say something interesting and "on topic" and the thread will go back on topic. The CEO, just like the rest of us, will get paid his agreed salary wherever he parks his car.

$3.7m is cheap if he performs.

$3.7m is horrendously expensive if he proves to be a waste of space.

This guy is a proven performer with Pacific Brands?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Why are people always itching to "get back on thread"? Say something interesting and the thread will follow. That is the thread. Say something interesting and "on topic" and the thread will go back on topic. The CEO, just like the rest of us, will get paid his agreed salary wherever he parks his car.
    Always one isn't there.

I wasn't commenting on his salary. It was the issue of shares to him before he even started that I was referring to. I thought it was interesting , sorry you don't.

Always one isn't there.

I wasn't commenting on his salary. It was the issue of shares to him before he even started that I was referring to. I thought it was interesting , sorry you don't.
    Let's hope he stays around long enough to earn the welcome bonus?

Jayne Hrdlicka lasted all of 16 months before the board decided she was too hot to trot .

If the truth be known, she actually had the right strategy in mind to offset ATM's over-reliance on the Daigou sales channel.

The rest as they say, is history.

How confident are we that the board has made the right decision this time (paying $3.7m to entice him) and will they support him if he comes up with the same strategy as Jayne?
    Last edited by Balance; 04-02-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Covfefe
    Covfefe