sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    [snip] ... there is no reason to assume the Daigou channel worked particularly well over the last half year ...
    There was some encouraging information on the Daigou channel performance from the BUB's announcement (on ASX). It will be interesting to see whether ATM have a similar experience.

Attachment 12294

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    There was some encouraging information on the Daigou channel performance from the BUB's announcement (on ASX). It will be interesting to see whether ATM have a similar experience.

Attachment 12294
    Wonder how much down % wise in Q1 (vQ4 that is)?

Like you will know that down 55% and then up whooping 122% gets you back to square one
    Last edited by winner69; 10-02-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Attachment 12294
    Mind that little word "Corporate" in "Corporate Daigou". This is not thousands of highly motivated students with a large Chinese selling network (their friends and families), but basically just another bunch of moving companies without particular interest in any product they are moving. The other thing to consider is - big percentage increases in volume might indicate a very small base ...

More important however - the bubs-news I found on corporate daigou is nearly one year old (published 26/2/2020): https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...26-p544jv.html.

If you look for less aged information on corporate daigou, you will find less enthusiasm.

Anyway - I hope all goes well for A2M, but at this stage I won't hold my breath ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

Mind that little word "Corporate" in "Corporate Daigou". This is not thousands of highly motivated students with a large Chinese selling network (their friends and families), but basically just another bunch of moving companies without particular interest in any product they are moving. The other thing to consider is - big percentage increases in volume might indicate a very small base ...

More important however - the bubs-news I found on corporate daigou is nearly one year old (published 26/2/2020): https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...26-p544jv.html.

If you look for less aged information on corporate daigou, you will find less enthusiasm.

Anyway - I hope all goes well for A2M, but at this stage I won't hold my breath ...
    Good points as always, caution is warranted, take everything on face value pending the ATM results announce. The BUB quote is from their Quarterly Activities Report announce on ASX 28 January 2021, so it's pretty fresh.

To be fair, A2 Andy (corporate Daigou) is probably a bit more than just a moving company. At his peak even A2 admitted he was able to move 1000 pallets of A2 formula a month, and he definitely has an interest in the product he’s moving, I wonder how this volume compares with the retail Daigou (students, mothers , etc).
    Last edited by Gregnz; 10-02-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Investments

Did anyone notice new negative developments on the Fisheries front ,exports to China ...they have stopped exports from two facilities in NZ ...exact details not known but seems like some compliance issues
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K4EFHMWQQKZP4/

Behind paywall ...

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Did anyone notice new negative developments on the Fisheries front ,exports to China ...they have stopped exports from two facilities in NZ ...exact details not known but seems like some compliance issues
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K4EFHMWQQKZP4/

Behind paywall ...
    The suspensions were due to issues around the interpretation of the World Health Organisation's Covid guidance and food safety management, said MPI deputy director-general policy and trade Julie Collins, in response to Herald inquiries.
    Both sites had been recently subject to live video audits by Chinese Customs, she said.

Herbacious

I just want it to go back to the $16-$17 range, minimise my losses and call it an expensive lesson, but TBH it's looking very grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I just want it to go back to the $16-$17 range, minimise my losses and call it an expensive lesson, but TBH it's looking very grim.
    You're not riding on the story. We got this on less than a dollar then and we'll ride this to Kingdom come just like XRO. You got to believe in a dream first