sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Looks like u quoted the wrong post ...
    yea, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    That's part of his point re daigou thou. It's not simple changing formula so if your baby is used to A2 milk and the daigou channel is closed then why wouldn't you just buy it from the online channel or mother and baby channel?
    Thanks Rawz, sorry I couldn't worded it better - I'm a parent myself, I understand some infants/babies cannot just change milk formulas with a snap of your finger. If that is true, why not just buy from a retail store - which means the revenue should equal out? At the end of the day a sale is a sale in A2's eyes, it doesn't matter if it's through the Daigou channel or retail channel.

Sorry if I came across as brash - just very frustrated at myself for jumping into this without doing my own DD and listen to my own gut.
    I've learned that I would rather miss the train, than jump on the wrong train and be stuck - FOMO is one hell of a drug

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Thanks Rawz, sorry I couldn't worded it better - I'm a parent myself, I understand some infants/babies cannot just change milk formulas with a snap of your finger. If that is true, why not just buy from a retail store - which means the revenue should equal out? At the end of the day a sale is a sale in A2's eyes, it doesn't matter if it's through the Daigou channel or retail channel.

Sorry if I came across as brash - just very frustrated at myself for jumping into this without doing my own DD and listen to my own gut.
    I've learned that I would rather miss the train, than jump on the wrong train and be stuck - FOMO is one hell of a drug
    Sales haven’t evened out because of pantry stocking. Sales were artificially high during the early stages of Covid, and people over bought the product (the same could be said that the share price should never have got to prior peaks based on this peak in demand). In many cases these have a shelf life of up to 2 years. Pantry de stocking could still be happening.
    I personally know people in China who purchased sufficient A2 tins early last year that they still haven’t used up their supply. I’m not sure how common this is.

Investments

Dont be too harsh on yourself ...All here have made many mistakes ...some have the courage to admit ...many dont ...

I have learnt ...." Sell and regret is better then not sell and regret " Conversely " Dont buy and regret is better then Buy and regret " Works well if u have doubt trying to sell some stock or buy some stock .

I still think U can minimise your losses here by being patient now ...IMHO

Dont be too harsh on yourself ...All here have made many mistakes ...some have the courage to admit ...many dont ...

I have learnt ...." Sell and regret is better then not sell and regret " Conversely " Dont buy and regret is better then Buy and regret " Works well if u have doubt trying to sell some stock or buy some stock .

Thanks for the encouragement.

I guess it's a bit like flying a plane, better to be on the ground and wishing you're up there, than up there wishing you're down on the ground.

I guess it's a bit like flying a plane, better to be on the ground and wishing you're up there, than up there wishing you're down on the ground.
    Only problem is being left on the ground when the plane takes off.

I also have no worries cutting a loss. Did so on ATM late last and also SAN mid last year once i noticed the downtrend. Redeployed funds which are performing much better.

One thing I did early this year is change my trusty old excel spreadsheet so that the main page has all my holdings, current price, some ratios and portfolio weighting. It excludes the gain or loss. That way I am just looking at the investment as it stands in that point in time. I've found I have been able to buy and sell freely without any emotion doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I also have no worries cutting a loss. Did so on ATM late last and also SAN mid last year once i noticed the downtrend. Redeployed funds which are performing much better.

One thing I did early this year is change my trusty old excel spreadsheet so that the main page has all my holdings, current price, some ratios and portfolio weighting. It excludes the gain or loss. That way I am just looking at the investment as it stands in that point in time. I've found I have been able to buy and sell freely without any emotion doing this.
    Id like to buy and sell more often, but the tax bill from IRD is the main factor putting me off. Everything I have bought, I have done with the intention of holding for 5+ years. I consider myself an investor and definitely not a trader.

Outside thinking.

All share investment has some risk.

At the moment we are making risk assessments in a vacuum based on incomplete info until the next scheduled ATM update due 25 Feb.

Always best to make your decisions based on firm fact than in a vacuum where rumours and speculation abound.

JMHO.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Be careful with that. The listed FSF that you can buy into is the upstream processing part of the company. A higher milk price might be good for farmers. But it is bad for FSF because they have to pay for their milk to process at 'market rates'. As a processor, you do not want your input costs to go up!

SNOOPY
    Gee the only thing that increases with ATM is the number of pages on this thread... the SP seems to be headed for a downside breakout below $10.90 eh. Am still keeping the faith until the forthcoming announcement then might do the switcheroo into FSF