sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Given the other comments here, surely upside is a given?

Market is a market - buyers and sellers, and shorters by definition are traders.
    Yes. Understand that. I guess I was hoping to understand why a company with seemingly endless downside, meaning more profit for shorters, would see millions of short positions closed in the past two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Yes. Understand that. I guess I was hoping to understand why a company with seemingly endless downside, meaning more profit for shorters, would see millions of short positions closed in the past two weeks.
    I suspect you are grouping shorters into one single minded market organism - which they are not.

They will all have differing opinions and trading strategies.

Still plenty of stock shorted.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    that’s a very odd explanation. Yes I understand they are locking in profits, but that makes absolutely no sense if they are convinced there is further downside.
    like he said, you might not have understood and focused on the 'profits' part of his answer rather than the 'risk/reward' part.

simply put, of the 8% shorts a wee while ago, 2% have subsequently decided the risk of staying short isn't worth it and closed out; while 6% currently think the reward is still worth it staying short.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I suspect you are grouping shorters into one single minded market organism - which they are not.

They will all have differing opinions and trading strategies.

Still plenty of stock shorted.
    precisely, it's not some binary equation where all shorts think the same, or all longs think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    like he said, you might not have understood and focused on the 'profits' part of his answer rather than the 'risk/reward' part.

simply put, of the 8% shorts a wee while ago, 2% have subsequently decided the risk of staying short isn't worth it and closed out; while 6% currently think the reward is still worth it staying short.
    Great explanation. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

In fact, shorts have gone from 61m down to 49m - so 80% (on latest data) are staying in for further gains while 20% are happy to lock in some nice fat juicy profits from ATM going backwards.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-02-2021 at 08:48 PM.

$10 in aus the line in the sand eh
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    $10 in aus the line in the sand eh
    ... well, yes - lines in the sand are easy to cross ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Oat milk another growing challenge. My cousin Graham is a hard worker and a very bright guy. (I see he grows 7 or 8 things) https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/124...uthland-farmer
    A lot of advertising for almond milk on T.V at the moment too. I think they get the message across much better than the ATM television adds which simply claim A2 milk makes you feel better.
    Can't help wondering if the groundswell to real alternative cow milk won't just keep on growing.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I agree, Oat/coconut & almond milk is becoming the new choice for many and it's also "cool" to be drinking alternative and many claim benefits.