sharetrader

I also believe you can substitute this for baby powder. Not 100% how this suits the baby but it's always a wonder.

I think you folk like 'oats' cos it rhymes with gloats lol...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    I also believe you can substitute this for baby powder. Not 100% how this suits the baby but it's always a wonder.
    Only if you want a malnourished baby. This is a dangerous suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I think you folk like 'oats' cos it rhymes with gloats lol...
    LOL also rhymes with boats
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Only if you want a malnourished baby. This is a dangerous suggestion!
    It's not my suggestion. I even stated. im not sure how this suits the baby!

Im only saying I believe you can substitute.

I agree it would be stupid to do so!

this morning I was perusing the milk section in a local Night and Day shop in Dunedin.

No A2 on offer but https://otisoatmilk.co.nz/ was available at about $7.70 per litre.

I thought there was about 4 options available but I see their website only lists 2 x products.

bearing in mind this market research took place before I had received my morning coffee.
    Last edited by blackie; 12-02-2021 at 09:51 PM.

https://otisoatmilk.co.nz/ Hmmm...couldn't help noticing this claim
    Lighter on the land. The Oat footprint is much lighter, according to global research. Producing one litre of oat milk requires 11x less land, 13x less water, 6.5x less fertiliser, and emits 3.5x less greenhouse gas emissions than one litre of dairy milk.

Hmmm...Wonder how much the price will come down too when they start producing it at great scale ? Maybe that factory they are looking to build in Southland is worth investing in ? I know who to ring to make more enquiries

Really one has to wonder if this isn't the future if its so environmentally friendly and good for you.

Can't help noticing Oat also rhymes with Moat...ATM used to talk a lot about their IP moat but have gone very quiet about that in recent times.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A 35,000km round trip for NZ Grown oats to be turned into Oat Milk seriously can’t be great for carbon emissions. If it’s going to be a ‘thing’ that’s good for the environment, then they definitely need a factory here.

Nothing wrong with Oat Milk, one of many alternatives to Dairy, but anyone who thinks it can provide the nutritional requirements needed for infants is seriously deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    A 35,000km round trip for NZ Grown oats to be turned into Oat Milk seriously can’t be great for carbon emissions. If it’s going to be a ‘ thing’ that’s good for the environment, then they need a factory here.

Nothing wrong with Oat Milk, one of many alternatives to Dairy, but anyone who thinks it can provide the nutritional requirements needed for infants is seriously deluded.
    Not as delusional as you may think.
    I'm sure when a man said he will make burgers out of mould in a test tube everyone called him delusional also.

I just hope some posters understand that im saying that there is already formulas with alternative milk out there.
    I'm not suggesting you should do that for your infants.

I'm just stating alternative milk is popular and they even have products for infants already in this deluded world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ....The Oat footprint is much lighter, according to global research. Producing one litre of oat milk requires 11x less land, 13x less water, 6.5x less fertiliser, and emits 3.5x less greenhouse gas emissions than one litre of dairy milk.....
    Or you could just drink water which is free, requires no fertiliser, no land, no greenhouse gas emissions and no extra water and it is nutritionally very similar to oat milk.