sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Our local Countdown sells Anchor A2 fresh milk at $6.40 vs Happy Valley Fresha A2 at $4.90.

ATM can hold the 30% premium?
    Time will tell. Doesn’t seem to have had much of an impact to date on denting demand for fresh milk which by all accounts is still growing. Personally I like competition, and I feel we are only tip of the ice berg with conversion over to A2. Many still don’t believe the science, only a matter of time when that happens.

Lewis rd creamery milk is $7.86 equiv for 2l...go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Lewis rd creamery milk is $7.86 equiv for 2l...go figure
    There are plenty of brands more expensive than A2, and plenty of brands cheaper. I think the market will be big enough for them all to thrive.

Guru

Our local Countdown sells Anchor A2 fresh milk at $6.40 vs Happy Valley Fresha A2 at $4.90.

ATM can hold the 30% premium?

Only one way for A2 milk price to go imo.
    I doubt it and that is the reason I have not been brave enough to buy into ATM. My reasoning follows:
    We tried it for 2-3 months. Yes, nice milk, but no discernible difference to our health, digestion etc.
    The way I see it is....if it is extra good for you....everyone will switch their cows over to A2 over time.
    No advantage to anyone.
    If there is no difference...then things will continue more or less as now and some "generic cow" farmers may have a cost advantage. So then its going to come back to a branding play on a commodity product. I was never confident enough they would win that war...they aren't making iPhones. Hence I haven't invested there.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I doubt it and that is the reason I have not been brave enough to buy into ATM. My reasoning follows:
    We tried it for 2-3 months. Yes, nice milk, but no discernible difference to our health, digestion etc.
    The way I see it is....if it is extra good for you....everyone will switch their cows over to A2 over time.
    No advantage to anyone.
    If there is no difference...then things will continue more or less as now and some "generic cow" farmers may have a cost advantage. So then its going to come back to a branding play on a commodity product. I was never confident enough they would win that war...they aren't making iPhones. Hence I haven't invested there.
    I do notice the difference, I can’t drink normal milk without an adverse reaction. That’s probably partly the reason I chose to invest. I think you’ll find across the population, some notice the difference and some don’t. Seems a large chunk of the Asian population are in the same boat as me, without taking into account some of the science behind why A2 milk is chosen by Chinese families to feed their newborn (diabetes etc).

In addition, from what I have read, almost the entire Indian population drink some form of A2 milk. Surely there has to be demand for the product when the worlds two most populated countries primarily drink a form of A2 milk.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 19-02-2021 at 04:35 PM.

notice the bots started selling when the thread started talking about milk lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Must have control of milk pool but seems a2 gearing up for an assault on USA IF a1 herds been converted to a2 takes time so eventually be less a1 herds.

Will ask the missus how much we pay for IF delivered. Chinese mothers don't care about price which is still cheaper then buying local but have the added safety foreign brands with no tampering. Aptamil and a2 are most popular believe both product made in NZ.

For anybody interested top 2 current box of 6 chinese door2door delivery from NZ bonded stores

a2 platinum3 $219

Aptamil gold3 $153
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 21-02-2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: updating a2 & aptamil

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Must have control of milk pool but seems a2 gearing up for an assault on USA IF a1 herds been converted to a2 takes time so eventually be less a1 herds.

Will ask the missus how much we pay for IF delivered. Chinese mothers don't care about price which is still cheaper then buying local but have the added safety foreign brands with no tampering. Aptamil and a2 are most popular believe both product made in NZ.

For anybody interested top 2 current box of 6 chinese door2door delivery from NZ bonded stores

a2 platinum3 $219

Aptamil gold3 $153
    Checking A2 IF prices yesterday at the supermarket :

Karicare A2 0-6 months $29.95 (Danone)

S26 Ultima Pro A2 0-6 months $34.49 (Nestle)

A2 Platinum 0-6 months $44.00

47% premium against Karicare & 27% premium against S26 sustainable?
    Last edited by Balance; 22-02-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Checking A2 IF prices yesterday at the supermarket :

Karicare A2 0-6 months $29.95 (Danone)

S26 Ultima Pro A2 0-6 months $34.49 (Nestle)

A2 Platinum 0-6 months $44.00

47% premium against Karicare & 27% premium against S26 sustainable?
    I think the only reason you would try A2 is if your child is gets Colic or constipation from other formulas.

I wouldn’t think the band labelling would be the deciding factor on the brand used, for example I myself purchase Karicare and don’t see the value in the premium price on A2 brand.

That said I am a shareholder.... 🤔
    Last edited by JimmyTrade; 22-02-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Advanced Member

fwiw I haven't drunk fresh milk until I tried A2. I never had too many huge issues with normal milk but it gave me a bit of tummy rumble that were strong enough wanting to stay close to a restroom after a flat white. With A2 milk I don't experience a single issue. I'm even drinking it now daily with my morning smoothie instead of water. One reason why I stay on as a shareholder.
    Last edited by silu; 22-02-2021 at 02:42 PM.