sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I guess we will have a better idea on Thurs,then we wont have to rely on guesswork and supposition.
    I personally would not count on Thursday - a new CEO, a long line of experienced staff leaving and a strategic reset in the offing.

Have a look at CVT when the new CEO took over and to his credit, he took his time to reposition the company after doing a full evaluation.

You should be very worried if the CEO comes in with all guns blazing like Jayne - then to have the board throw her long term marketing and promotion strategy out the window.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-02-2021 at 06:37 PM.

As I said,I'll wait a couple of days to see what is said...I don't profess to know what will be said,guns blazing or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - prices have changed.

Do you guys seriously do some basic due diligence or do you simply take ATM's management words for everything?
    What prices have changed? The prices you have quoted from your supermarket are the same prices I've seen for well over a year.

Yup - prices have changed.

Do you guys seriously do some basic due diligence or do you simply take ATM's management words for everything?
    Your also lucky to be able to get Karicare A2 for $29.95. Our supermarkets in Auckland (Countdown) sell it for $35. I believe PaknSave may sell it for $31.99 but I havent seen it for $29.95. Not that it really makes any difference, as A2 has been able to grow even with these competing products.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 22-02-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    As I said,I'll wait a couple of days to see what is said...I don't profess to know what will be said,guns blazing or otherwise.
    Good idea. Thursday we will have facts vs fiction.
    Some here seem to be lacking a balanced view. The fact A2 have the majority of the A2 milk pool tied up, would suggest to me that competitors are at least limited as to the volume they can produce. Its not as if the NZ Government are suddenly making it easier to increase herd numbers is it.

Nestle & Danone are NOT the cheap brands & their A2 IF prices are top of the end of their range.

The pertinent question is this - have these two players eroded ATM's market share but it has all been conveniently blamed on the Daigou decline in trade?
    I'll put my money on it being due to the decline in Daigou trade! I guess we will see in coming months - that's what makes investing fun eh, none of us really know, but one of us is right and one of us is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I'll put my money on it being due to the decline in Daigou trade! I guess we will see in coming months - that's what makes investing fun eh, none of us really know, but one of us is right and one of us is wrong.
    For someone to be right or wrong, there has to be an answer or opinion first.

I asked the question because I do not know - are you saying that the loss is purely due to the daigou trade?

And yes, by owning ATM shares you are already putting your money on your opinion. Good on you!
    Last edited by Balance; 22-02-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Good idea. Thursday we will have facts vs fiction.
    Some here seem to be lacking a balanced view. The fact A2 have the majority of the A2 milk pool tied up, would suggest to me that competitors are at least limited as to the volume they can produce. Its not as if the NZ Government are suddenly making it easier to increase herd numbers is it.
    Fiction - everything was fine and hanky dory in August & executives sold plenty of shares.

Fiction - first downgrade as being indicative of management opinion of impact of loss from daigou trade.

Fiction or fact - second downgrade as indicative of full impact being accounted for?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Your also lucky to be able to get Karicare A2 for $29.95. Our supermarkets in Auckland (Countdown) sell it for $35. I believe PaknSave may sell it for $31.99 but I havent seen it for $29.95. Not that it really makes any difference, as A2 has been able to grow even with these competing products.
    Go to Pak n Save and you will get Karicare at $29.95 - saw with my own eyes on Sat, 20 February.

Go to Pak n Save and you will get Karicare at $29.95 - saw with my own eyes on Sat, 20 February.
    Interesting that they have to place it 'on sale' to move it? $29.95 would be a sale price?