sharetrader
Page 203 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1031531931992002012022032042052062072132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hoop - but I have that feeling that it HAS turned and we are on to something BIG here. Just some little signs that were there on Friday afternoon and the spurt today has the gutometer getting excited.
    58 now ...that TA gutometer working well

The 54/55 WAS the bottom

Back to 'fair value' ....hopefully MAC's 90 whatever and not my 69 cents

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    58 now ...that TA gutometer working well

The 54/55 WAS the bottom

Back to 'fair value' ....hopefully MAC's 90 whatever and not my 69 cents
    It takes me a while to get excited ...more than 61c will do it.....

Banned

Hmmm, after the buy out of Wiseman I had thought that ATM had price ranged tested the market in the UK, had settled on a long term retail price, and now it was all about growing market share at that settled price from the twenty a2 converted farms.

But, today the UK retail price is back up to the upper ranged limit, perhaps a nice sign of forward confidence.

The a2 price is £1.99 per 2.0L, compared with say Tesco (home brand) £1.00 per 2.27L (4 pints)

ATMprice.jpg
    a2 Whole Milk 2.0L (99.5p/L)

Attachment 6379
    Tesco Whole Milk 2.27L (44p/L)

Advanced Member

Normal milk in tesco supermarket UK apx .90 nz cents per litre
    Normal milk in NZ supermarkets apx 2 dollars 50 a litre

Why when we have all the cows do we have to pay nearly three times as much for milk than UK consumers.

Banned

It was done here too, Fonterra still add it as far as I’m aware, happy to be corrected.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10834725

New Zealand fresh milk prices are high because we are paying an equivalent international milk powder market price. Milk here is value added and exported, why would any company sell it in local supermarkets at all unless they could get a similar export level gross margin.

Edit: Permeate contains lactose and a1 protien, so you get a nice double dose in your cheap milk.
    Last edited by MAC; 21-10-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    It was done here too, Fonterra still add it as far as I’m aware, happy to be corrected.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10834725

New Zealand fresh milk prices are high because we are paying an equivalent international milk powder market price. Milk here is value added and exported, why would any company sell it in local supermarkets at all unless they could get a similar export level gross margin.

Edit: Permeate contains lactose and a1 protien, so you get a nice double dose in your cheap milk.
    that doesn't add up Mac , if we are paying an equivalent international milk powder market price , Please explain since the dairy prices came off 40 odd % since January why we are yet to see a milk price drop at the supermarket ????

I think I remember from frontera that milk prices are set by what the market in nz will accept not international prices. Basically they make lots because people will still buy. Sometimes they do a pr line like we will reduce our price but not often. Then of course what do supermarkets make as a mark up, they may pay less but keep price the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    that doesn't add up Mac , if we are paying an equivalent international milk powder market price , Please explain since the dairy prices came off 40 odd % since January why we are yet to see a milk price drop at the supermarket ????
    As I understand it, Fonterra didn't raise the local price to match the previously high international price, so now they see no imperative to lower it.

In New Zealand the milk price is controlled by Fonterra - if the supermarkets don't like it, they don't get it.

Utter rubbish - there is significant retail margin in milk in NZ, this is the reason ATM will find it difficult to crack the NZ market.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    In New Zealand the milk price is controlled by Fonterra - if the supermarkets don't like it, they don't get it.

Utter rubbish - there is significant retail margin in milk in NZ, this is the reason ATM will find it difficult to crack the NZ market.
    Why would ATM ever want to crack the NZ market, they have shown no interest in re-negotiating the Fresha agreement, nor should they, the market is small, and they can and are making considerably more by value adding a2 milk as infant formula and exporting it.