sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Ahh that would make sense, the discussion took a spin off context at one point.
    I thought maybe they lost a huge number of product somewhere.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    That is a step forward to techs as we may say , also cutting cost.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Not sure what to make of it.
    A lot of expectations but they already implied this the last 3 times.

They mentioned how they now have a plan for Daigou in the future. Just wonder why a company with 700+ million could not implement this earlier.

Can someone maybe help me understand the discussion about having a tracer programme set up for inventory, Could someone highlight the reason?

Thanks.
    stock was ending up in places it shouldn't if the distributors are doing the job correctly. It was going to the wrong ecommerce site and to ecommerce stores not bound by a2's strick pricing policy. It wasn't a2's inventory it was the distributors which caused the problem. Thats why traceability is so important. If they know which distributors are breaching their agreement because stock turns up in the wrong retailers or ecommerce sites they can hold them to account. By publicising to distributors they can track the product they will stop this happening.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    That price is a dream for this shares.
    my thoughts too .. the gut feeling is that there's a fair bit of market overkill that goes on
    with ATM's announcements hitting the wire along the way ..

Such consistent punishment would appear to open some fairly good opportunities for those
    brave enough to jump on the rollercoaster ..

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    stock was ending up in places it shouldn't if the distributors are doing the job correctly. It was going to the wrong ecommerce site and to ecommerce stores not bound by a2's strick pricing policy. It wasn't a2's inventory it was the distributors which caused the problem. Thats why traceability is so important. If they know which distributors are breaching their agreement because stock turns up in the wrong retailers or ecommerce sites they can hold them to account. By publicising to distributors they can track the product they will stop this happening.
    Now I understand fully.
    Thanks tomm.
    Appreciate it

Some comments after the last downgrade on 18 December 2020 :

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    So just a minor, distinctly un-worrying guidance adjustment after all.

Now for that relief rally!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Hardly a massive downgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Im not in a rush to hop out. The news is good enough for me to stay in for the long haul
    Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    similar stance here

may even look at a bit of averaging down to smooth things over at the right levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldthump View Post
    Time to top up and average down. Over 50% down from ATH

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    my thoughts too .. the gut feeling is that there's a fair bit of market overkill that goes on
    with ATM's announcements hitting the wire along the way ..

Such consistent punishment would appear to open some fairly good opportunities for those
    brave enough to jump on the rollercoaster ..
    Agreed. I tend to think the market expects ATM to exceed guidance, and anything less results in a massive over reaction. I've done very nicely recently based on such over reactions.

Interesting that our national airline yesterday reported quite a significant loss, and unlikely to return to profitability until at least 2024, plus a capital raise to further dilute the SP (plus perhaps conversion of a high interest massive government loan to equity), and even when profitable, those profits were minimal considering the capital involved, yet the SP increased. Goes to show how the market reacts.

I saw this across on HC, good to put things into perspective... (credit to whoever originally posted it).

IMG_8042.jpg
    Last edited by Gregnz; 26-02-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Some comments after the last downgrade on 18 December 2020 :
    Are you Moosie? Even fellow poster Beagle agrees that compiling a whole lot of quotes out of context is disgraceful. Honestly Balance, you need to take a break from the forum.
    You also appear to have a lot of time on your hands, if your retired, how about stepping away from the keyboard and contribute out there in society, ie perhaps volunteer work?
    Last edited by Gregnz; 26-02-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    Yeah, me too. Picked up @ 9.18 and another order at 8.80 if it drops that far.

Have to say, more than a little tired of the hammering the share is receiving here from a few posters. Yeah, we get it. You were right, no need to labour the point. It's now become the fashion to bash ATM into the ground, just as it was to talk it to the stars last year. Sentiment drives SP in growth stocks (a fact I'm sure you're aware of) so labouring the point - eg 'fourth downgrade coming, run for the hills!' - sounds very strongly like you just talking your (short) book.

OK, over to the ASX, where I'm hoping for a bit of a bounce at the open...
    Speak for yourself.

Some of us post not for the 'head in the sand' brigade but for the many others who come to the site to get a balanced view.

I do not do shorts so you can count me out for starters.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-02-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Are you Moosie? Even fellow poster Beagle agrees that compiling a whole lot of quotes out of context is disgraceful. Honestly Balance, you need to take a break from the forum.
    You also appear to have a lot of time on your hands, if your retired, how about stepping away from the keyboard and contribute out there in society, ie perhaps volunteer work?
    Out of context?

We are reading exactly the same sort of postings (especially the postings which attempt to cast posters who have correctly predicted this third downgrade as self-interested shorters wanting to spook holders into selling) from some posters in the last 2 days after yet another downgrade.

All in perspective, my friend for those who come to this site to read postings in context.

You would love to have just your view here so others can blindly follow you down the slippery slope for the last 6 months?
    Last edited by Balance; 26-02-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Out of context?

We are reading exactly the same sort of postings from the same posters in the last 2 days after yet another downgrade.

All in perspective, my friend for those who come to this site to read postings in context.
    You've taken a post of mine from December? Thats why its out of context. I've actually been very quiet on the forum the past two days if you havent noticed, while you've been banging away incessantly on your keyboard.