sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You certainly have high principles and a measured response generally, I see you doing your thing on HC and compared to here, that's a real rats nest. As for our resident commentators, rather than seeing it as a negative, consider perhaps their take on the psychology and circumstances .. and they've been right. I've seen it literally hundreds of times, but what may surprise you is that they are adept at buying into the things they been warning about .. when the situation changes. Very experienced investors & traders, I don't think they actually mean any ill towards people who choose not to take their 'advice', albeit sometimes when challenged it can get a bit personal from both sides.

Anyway, who would've picked it, one day later and my parcel from yesterday is nicely in profit. Makes me wonder if the market had priced in the third downgrade and yesterday was an over reaction. Early days, ATM has a lot of ground to make up, and goodwill to restore in investors, best just to let them get on with it.
    Absolutely agree, and in general I appreciate various view points, Balance's included. But there is an appropriate way to conduct yourself on a forum, and unfortunately I think some peoples standards have slipped (perhaps at times, mine included). I agree he was right to pick various downgrades, but there is a time and place to gloat, and a way to do it in a measured and appropriate way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Give yourself a pat on the back mate and put your feet up and have a rest. You've contributed many, many thousands of useful posts over nearly two decades. Don't let the newbies who often have little respect for the old hands on here get to you. I just highlighted this part of your very useful post so those with a very short attention span don't miss it.

The way I see it, the real worry is the very rapidly declining margins (26.4% first half) and by implication in their own forecast if the full year is 24-26% the second half could be as low as 21.6% Every time they update the market their brand value and IP just keeps looking weaker and weaker and weaker... Plenty more disappointment for shareholders to come in future updates, in my opinion and I expect the downtrend to continue for quite some time.
    Thanks Beagle, if you recall It was me who called out another fellow poster for conducting themselves in the same way when collating your posting history? So it's ok for Balance to conduct himself in that way when collating our posts, but not when others do it to you? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Thanks Beagle, if you recall It was me who called out another fellow poster for conducting themselves in the same way when collating your posting history? So it's ok for Balance to conduct himself in that way when collating our posts, but not when others do it to you? I'm genuinely curious.
    Thanks for that. That poster pulled a very old post, (without any reference to the date or context of the post) from a time deep in the Covid crisis when HLG was in a downtrend, so was completely out of context with the current environment. In my opinion Balance wasn't doing that he was merely showing a pattern within the same framework of recent declining fortunes for ATM. That said, in my opinion, I think if one must quote old posts then the right thing to do is to post the date when the post was made. I reiterate my view that Balance has added tremendous value to this forum over a VERY long time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks for that. That poster pulled a very old post, (without any reference to the date or context of the post) from a time deep in the Covid crisis when HLG was in a downtrend, so was completely out of context with the current environment for that company and was deliberately disingenuous, antagonistic, argumentative and deliberately constructed as a personal attack.
    Balance wasn't doing that he was merely showing a pattern within the same framework of recent declining fortunes for ATM. That said, in my opinion, I think if one must quote old posts then the right thing to do is to post the date when the post was made. I reiterate my view that Balance has added tremendous value to this forum over a VERY long time. He has a very good track record of being right and I take notice of his posts. His high reputation score has been well and truly earned. The person you refer too who launched a sustained personal attack the other day has only been here for 5 seconds and contributed nothing.
    I guess our views differ on the behaviour in question.
    Whether your a ‘newbie’ or a ‘expert’ , my opinion is we should all be held to the same standard.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 26-02-2021 at 07:07 PM.

yes thank you Balance.
    your contributions are ,........ well........ legendary.
    says it all

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+26+Feb+2021

Extract
    Lister said the “jury is still out” on the milk marketing firm which has now downgraded its earnings forecast three times.

“It wasn’t a comforting result and there do appear to be some longer-term challenges for the business,” he said.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

The big question is 'when are you prepared to invest in the future' and what your horizon is. Now might not be the right time for a lot of people who are risk averse, understandable when things are so volatile. It is this that makes the market. A close eye on portfolio balance helps, don't bet the bank. Not yet anyway.

The big question is 'when are you prepared to invest in the future' and what your horizon is. Now might not be the right time for a lot of people who are risk averse, understandable when things are so volatile. It is this that makes the market. A close eye on portfolio balance helps, don't bet the bank. Not yet anyway.
    A break up through the 100 day moving average in due course would signal a change in momentum. Too risky to buy in a confirmed downtrend in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Personally I would rather see a recovery in diagou and margin gain (or levelling out), then buy in at $12+.
    As opposed to buying at these levels and hope that management turn this ship around.

Yes, will forgo the chance for big upside, but also forgo the downside which is equally as big imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Its ok to be a keen observer and you can make up your own mind who you wish to follow and who not to follow. I guess I beg to differ with how you conduct yourself on the forum, especially your recent comments. Collating historical posts to 'remind' people who you think they should follow in my view is disgraceful, but others can make their own mind up I'm sure.
    @gregnz, i find it useful to see who has a history of being frequently correct, and those with a history of being wrong.
    Chill a little, we're all wrong sometimes - nothing to be ashamed of, or upset about being pointed out