sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, its a good thing for those of us who made the mistake of buying into the falling share price and then held on to the bitter end during the downtrend. Its like after school tuition for slow learners. The main lesson is watching the share price slide and your money evaporate, that's the classroom message for the whole class. "Don't buy a falling knife" and "wait until there is a confirmed uptrend to buy". Then, after school when all the smart kids get to go home, us slower learners get to stay back for an evening tuition with the 3Bs. It's sort of one-on-one where you can ask questions but in a forum setting. "...so the falling knife thing....thats....thats.. a...a..a....buy?"
    There is no such a school can teach you accurate exept Mr Market for each stock. This stock is the most volatile on NZX. I am sure all of people here has been loving it , accept the consequences and learn from itself.
    Love to see the SP moved up nicely this morning.

Advanced Member

Im counting on the 10 million babies born in China last year, plus the imminent return of thousands of 17 year old Asian students to Australia to learn English, for ATM's recovery.

On a more serious note though, with world population projected to grow by over 2 billion people in next 30 years, and facing chronic shortages of high quality protein, any company with an existing strong foothold & reliable safe brand should overcome the occasional temp setback & continue to do well.
    Meeting the demand for reliable sources of high quality protein which satisfy consumers concerns around food safety, is a huge challenge in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, agreed, balance has sometimes a manner to repeat his message too often and too loud, and admittedly - sometimes he chooses quite ugly tones to convey what he wants to say. Sometimes it is as well that his personal views seem to get into the way of objectivity.

Having said that - He often is right about the big picture, and not only in ATM would shareholders have saved lots of money if they would have listened to him. Is he always right? No, but I think his judgement related to stocks compares favorably with that of many professional analysts.

Ignore his views if you like, but do so at your peril :

Can we say the same about you? Not really - just another junior member who seems to see his or her main role in nagging ...

Is attacking other posters all you've got? Why not show us some analysis and forecasts instead of just tearing down your fellow posters?

Bullying others does not make this a better place. Play the ball and not the player ...
    Post of the week in my opinion. I was brought up to respect my elders and listen to them. How some others have been brought up is quite frankly anyone's guess. Frankly I really like Balance's politically incorrect style of posting, (its quite refreshing), as much as the content.
    What's the bet that the B team (yourself included because your user name also starts with B) have all been successfully investing for a very, very, very long time.
    But what would we know....
    To be clear because some people think I am just on here to gloat, I am not. I think the chances of another downgrade for FY21 resulting in major broker downgrades for FY22 and beyond is extremely serious and very real. In my view this goes a lot further down the rat hole...nobody can say the B team didn't warn them !
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-03-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Im counting on the 10 million babies born in China last year, plus the imminent return of thousands of 17 year old Asian students to Australia to learn English, for ATM's recovery.

On a more serious note though, with world population projected to grow by over 2 billion people in next 30 years, and facing chronic shortages of high quality protein, any company with an existing strong foothold & reliable safe brand should overcome the occasional temp setback & continue to do well.
    Meeting the demand for reliable sources of high quality protein which satisfy consumers concerns around food safety, is a huge challenge in the coming years.
    Don't you think that the move towards biotech solutions to replace animal proteins will change the game in the future? After all. the main selling point of A2 milk isn't that it has A2 protein, its that it doesn't have A1 protein.

deleted double up

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Post of the week in my opinion. I was brought up to respect my elders and listen to them. How some others have been brought up is quite frankly anyone's guess. Frankly I really like Balance's politically incorrect style of posting, (its quite refreshing), as much as the content.
    What's the bet that the B team (yourself included because your user name also starts with B) have all been successfully investing for a very, very, very long time.
    But what would we know....
    To be clear because some people think I am just on here to gloat, I am not. I think the chances of another downgrade for FY21 resulting in major broker downgrades for FY22 and beyond is extremely serious and very real. In my view this goes a lot further down the rat hole...nobody can say the B team didn't warn them !
    Beagle you were brought up to listen to your elders no matter how condescending and derogatory they were with their discussion? I think times have moved on. Times have certainly changed. My parents brought me up to chart my own course in life, so far I'm quite content with how its going.
    Yes I’m sure many of you have been investing for a very very very long time, it doesn’t always mean your right. I know plenty of young people who could give the older generation a run for their money with many aspects in life, financial markets included.
    I guess some of us just choose to display our opinions differently without the need to repeat ourselves. I think we get the point that another downgrade is a very real possibility, after all we have been reminded as such on so so so many many occasions.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 02-03-2021 at 03:23 PM.

I'm currently down 48.9% as of right now, WWBD?

....What's the bet that the B team (yourself included because your user name also starts with B) have all been successfully investing for a very, very, very long time.....!
    Hmmm but what are the rules exactly. What about sb9 and Sideshow Bob? Are we having them in the team? They have both been around for a while and have "B" in their user names, but just not at the start?

Hmmm but what are the rules exactly. What about sb9 and Sideshow Bob? Are we having them in the team? They have both been around for a while and have "B" in their user names, but just not at the start?
    It would appear to me as though the 'B team' have never made a bad investment decision in their entire lives? I'll admit A2 has been one of mine, but for the long term plenty of opportunity for that to change.
    Successfully investing for a very very very long time, I'm sure comes with plenty of mistakes.

MMMM...sounds like the 'smart' kids are starting a gang...