sharetrader

https://www.fool.com.au/2021/03/09/w...m-share-price/

What could get the a2 Milk share price heading higher?

Goldman notes that there is upside risk if a2 Milk experiences a quicker than expected recovery in the daigou channel.

It also suspects that the company’s new CEO could provide a strategy update before the end of the financial year. If the market likes what it sees, it feels its shares could start rising.

Goldman explained: “Given his range of experience and capabilities, we believe incoming CEO, David Bortolussi, has the potential to make a material contribution to A2M’s strategic execution and, potentially, longer term performance. However, the strategic redirection is unlikely to be revealed until the new CEO has had some time in the role. We anticipate a strategy update at some stage in 4Q21, which could present as a catalyst for the stock.”

For now, though, Goldman appears to expect the a2 Milk share price to trade around its current level until the next catalyst appears. Hopefully for shareholders, this time it will be a positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

What could get the a2 Milk share price heading higher?
    Well, for starters, STOP BLAMING THE DAIGOU CHANNEL, I swear to god they've been using COVID as a scrape goat for far too long now, pack it up and get on with it!
    And start recognising that you don't have a moat, your milk is just same as all the other A2 milk, you ain't special.

Next, spend some real good cash on promoting the brand in China, celebs, influencers, whatever, and look to expand the brand elsewhere, stop relying on the CCP as your one and only bread and butter.
    Also expand the market by making a spin off sister brand that sells at a lower price point.

So frustrated at the lack of leadership at the A2 HQ, the BOD and higher management just shove everything into the COVID pile and not improving on the situation. Been a year already :@

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Well, for starters, STOP BLAMING THE DAIGOU CHANNEL, I swear to god they've been using COVID as a scrape goat for far too long now, pack it up and get on with it!
    And start recognising that you don't have a moat, your milk is just same as all the other A2 milk, you ain't special.

Next, spend some real good cash on promoting the brand in China, celebs, influencers, whatever, and look to expand the brand elsewhere, stop relying on the CCP as your one and only bread and butter.
    Also expand the market by making a spin off sister brand that sells at a lower price point.

So frustrated at the lack of leadership at the A2 HQ, the BOD and higher management just shove everything into the COVID pile and not improving on the situation. Been a year already :@
    Excellent post, Akane.

Advanced Member

Excellent post, Akane.
    I 2nd that. I mention to the CEO about 5 years ago at one of the AGMs to bring out a chocolate milk brand...so simple. It would sell like hot cakes, some people buying it would not care if it was a2 or not.

Another down day below $10 in NZ but well below support point of A$9.50 on ASX.

Not much support below A$9.00 if the stock does not hold above $9.00 - next real support point being A$7.50.

That's what the charts are saying?
    Getting close to breaking the A$9.00 support level when rest of the market having a good day.

Looking ominous!

...Looking ominous!
    Ominous is derived, I guess, from the word "omen". Using augury to foretell the future. A reasonable way to describe TA perhaps, but not necessarily the best way to calculate the future fortunes of a company?

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Ominous is derived, I guess, from the word "omen". Using augury to foretell the future. A reasonable way to describe TA perhaps, but not necessarily the best way to calculate the future fortunes of a company?
    I have never ever used TA to buy or sell shares - strictly for traders imo.

However, like all things pertaining to the market, one has to be aware of the use of TA & how it works.

And the charts tell me that A$9.00 is a critical support point - which has just been breached on the ASX at the close today.

Traders using TA will be getting ready to bail out tomorrow morning?

I have never ever used TA to buy or sell shares - strictly for traders imo.

However, like all things pertaining to the market, one has to be aware of the use of TA & how it works.......

If you have never ever used TA and strictly have no intention of ever using it, why would you need to know how it works?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    If you have never ever used TA and strictly have no intention of ever using it, why would you need to know how it works?
    I guess with all of us. Knowledge is a good thing. Keep learning, as things of knowledge may help your decision making easier. We all like to think we could be traders, even though we might just be boring investors

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I guess with all of us. Knowledge is a good thing. Keep learning, as things of knowledge may help your decision making easier. We all like to think we could be traders, even though we might just be boring investors
    Sure, but say you were keen to learn a foreign language. And, co-incidentally were planning a trip to the south of France in a couple of years time. So, you could choose to learn French, or alternatively you could, for example, choose to learn standard Croatian in the Shtokavian dialect. But probably you would choose to learn French.