sharetrader

This is OK

We expect operating cash flow to be positive for the full year.

No longer a cash cow
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Downgrade expected .......so bad news already built into the share price .....isn't it

Advanced Member

I cannot believe how their excess inventory might even impact Q1/2022 revenue? Whose fault is that?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Downgrade expected .......so bad news already built into the share price .....isn't it
    Not that bad of a downgrade built in I fear. They dangled the carrot of a potential share buy-back otherwise it would drop like a stone today I fear.

Like this bit - no worries

Underlying business

It is important to recognise that the revised outlook does not reflect the underlying performance or strength of the business. The Board and Management have determined that it is appropriate to address the inventory imbalances aggressively in order to allow the business to return to growth as quickly as possible and to deliver acceptable margins. Most of the actions that we are taking are non-cash in nature with the result that Company’s balance sheet will remain strong, and we would expect to see improved performance during FY22.

Specifically, it is estimated that if the one-off charges and sales reductions to reduce inventory in the trade were backed out for this year, the business would record annual revenues in the order of $1.3 billion with an EBITDA margin percent in the low to mid-twenties.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I cannot believe how their excess inventory might even impact Q1/2022 revenue? Whose fault is that?
    They will be giving away stock. Maybe buy 3 and get a 4th for free. Or buy 1 and get a second for free
    Aggressive they said.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    They will be giving away stock. Maybe buy 3 and get a 4th for free. Or buy 1 and get a second for free
    Aggressive they said.
    Not befitting a premium brand charging premium prices. I'm really angry right now although I'm not even a holder anymore. I should have listened to my own advise when the board got rid of Jayne to reinstate Geoff and sold then. I was stubborn until it hit $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Aggressive they said.
    I doubt it as this would impact the premium image. Probably be used as stock food...

Outside thinking.

Very interesting review IMHO.

Some further points I noted....

1.) Possibility of a share buy back mooted
    2.) No confirmation of the Mataura purchase proceeding, indeed the review say's ..."that the Company’s cash balance at the end of FY21 is expected to be broadly in line with FY20 (excluding the MVM acquisition impact if it completes in FY21)."
    3.) Resignation of Peter Nathan CEO of Asia Pacific...... under whose watch this happened.
    4.) This is clearly just the start of the review process
    5.) New cloud based accounting management system touted.... clearly their systems weren't up to scratch.

Good to see the new CEO taking aggressive action. Interesting times ahead. GLH.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 10-05-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Investments

In nut shell How many expect $ 6 today ?