sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Macquarie Group Ltd (ASX: MQG) is also bearish. It downgraded its shares to an underperform rating and cut the price target on them to $5.60.
    As is Citi, which has retained its sell rating and cut its price target to $5.85.
    Morgans is a little more positive. It has retained its hold rating but slashed its price target to $6.65. Based on its forecasts, it estimates that its shares are trading at 26x FY 2022 earnings.
    Elsewhere, Bell Potter has retained its buy rating and cut its price target to $8.50, Morgan Stanley has a $7.10 price target, and UBS has a buy rating and lofty NZ$13.50 (A$12.52) price target. All three targets offer meaningful upside from the current a2 Milk share price of $6.10.

https://www.fool.com.au/2021/05/11/i...brokers-think/
    Think you missed this one - One broker that doesn’t think its shares are cheap is Credit Suisse. This morning the broker retained its underperform rating and cut its price target to $5.00. It estimates that its shares are changing hands for 34x FY 2022 earnings at present.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Think you missed this one - One broker that doesn’t think its shares are cheap is Credit Suisse. This morning the broker retained its underperform rating and cut its price target to $5.00. It estimates that its shares are changing hands for 34x FY 2022 earnings at present.
    lol missed the most relevant one ............... yuk so very expensive to buy at todays price eh according to the broker
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The brokers are doing the classic follow the sp down with their valuations, target prices and recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The brokers are doing the classic follow the sp down with their valuations, target prices and recommendations.
    Even the most zealous and ardent supports are getting more cautious on HC now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-05-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jarden's cut to $6.10 from $7.90.

Advanced Member

Brokers probably have even lower estimates but if they cut target prices too much they'd field calls from their clients why they not long ago had a much higher valuation.

And I can confess that I was an ardent supporter until a few weeks ago. The lofty gains I made with A2 Milk clouded my judgement. When I finally let the message filter through to my brain that this is not a high growth company anymore I punched my own numbers and nearly fainted. Sold them all around the $10 mark and didn't look back since. Currently I wouldn't touch it until a) it's in a clear uptrend or b) gets closer to the $2-$3 range I think would be fair value.
    Last edited by silu; 11-05-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Member

Article of interest: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ions-one-child

China’s population growing at slowest rate in generations
    Census data reveals demographic timebomb, adding pressure on Beijing to boost incentives for couples to have more children and avert an irreversible decline

Advanced Member

This was pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/f5SE47Xjx2Q

Growing trend towards plant milk ?
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...EWYUZDWOJMK6E/ (paywalled)

price going to $2 ?
    one step ahead of the herd