sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You should really attribute where you plagiarise quotes from the media, shouldn't you? That is from BBC, word for word.

There is no correlation between China birth rates from 2016 to-date with A2 Milk IF sales and market share in China (China label or CBEC) - other than a negative correlation where A2 has grown sales and market share, in the face of declining birth rates. I expect that will continue.
    Well, reality caught up with ATM in 2020/2021.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Well, reality caught up with ATM in 2020/2021.
    Yes indeed, Covid reality (not declining birth rates) that shutdown their informal channel and with it sales. Subsequently they've uncovered other issues related to covid-effects, as evidenced by multiple downgrades .. there's no secret there and the 1H21 is clear about Bortolussi's plan, as was the results call. I think declining birth rates are the least of their worries based on historical growth in spite of declining birth rates.

Outside thinking.

There is no correlation between China birth rates from 2016 to-date with A2 Milk IF sales and market share in China (China label or CBEC) - other than a negative correlation where A2 has grown sales and market share, in the face of declining birth rates. I expect that will continue.
    Well said Baa Baa.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Well said Baa Baa.
    I agree - however, market disagrees. Both SML as well as ATM did rise after the announcement of the three child policy - i.e. market thinks that we three are wrong.

Don't they say the market is always right?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I agree - however, market disagrees. Both SML as well as ATM did rise after the announcement of the three child policy - i.e. market thinks that we three are wrong.

C’mon Peter .....you don’t really think that was the reason the A2 and Synlait went up do you?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

The customer is always right, the market is like bipolar betty.

Most things went up after a worldwide pandemic disrupting every supply chain.

The conclusion we can draw: we should have pandemics more often?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 02-06-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Grant Davies at Hamilton Hindin Greene was quoted in the media as saying it would be “drawing a long bow” to attribute the share price rise to those Chinese developments
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Nah market just saying that the end of the ATM world isn't nigh, and the sky didn't fall on us........despite all the doom and gloom on this thread over possible impending court action.

BUBS ASX went up 20%+ yesterday. Must be something else - nothing to do with China.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C’mon Peter .....you don’t really think that was the reason the A2 and Synlait went up do you?
    Why did they go up?