sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Pretty large volume on the buy side today pushing SP up over $6. Was there some news I missed today?
    Or is this likely to be just another push followed by a sell off again dropping back down to the 5.8's. Thoughts anyone?
    No news, although I note shorts are also decreasing and the Bell Potter BUY rating. I'm still happy holding and believe there is considerably more upside potential versus downside. Looking forward to the next update.

That said.... why ask me?...what do I know?..... Crikey, I chose ATM in the 2021 stock picking comp and am currently languishing at bottom of the comp!!

GLH.

MVM, a2 and Synlait all posting new jobs today on LinkedIn.

Synlait currently have 13 positions available(7 Dunsandel)

MVM; Senior IT systems business analyst(Invercargill)

a2; National Account Manager(Melbourne)

Have a great weekend

Obviously left wing views Essential in Dunsandel

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    No news, although I note shorts are also decreasing and the Bell Potter BUY rating. I'm still happy holding and believe there is considerably more upside potential versus downside. Looking forward to the next update.

That said.... why ask me?...what do I know?..... Crikey, I chose ATM in the 2021 stock picking comp and am currently languishing at bottom of the comp!!

GLH.
    Maybe we may have seen the bottom of the SP. I hope I just got in at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Maybe we may have seen the bottom of the SP. I hope I just got in at the bottom.
    Hmm ...

I must admit my guess what might happen with ATM share price is as good as yours, so just some spontaneous thoughts related to your post:

They say "hope dies last", but they say as well "hope is no investment strategy".

"We may have seen the bottom of the SP" - this sentence is true after any wee dip (no matter what the SP), but the statement "we well might not have seen the bottom of the SP" is as well always true (unless the SP is NIL), and more likely to be correct than the first statement if the SP is in a downtrend.

This share is currently (as the chart shows) clearly in a downtrend.

Just connect the dots ...

ATMtrend.JPG
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Go to HC... anyone can draw beautiful chart as well as nasty chart... depends on how u draw it...lol

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm ...

This share is currently (as the chart shows) clearly in a downtrend.

Just connect the dots ...

ATMtrend.JPG
    'Picking a bottom' is an over-rated idea IMHO. If you are wanting to buy into the ATM story it is much wiser to wait for a 'golden cross' signal and buy into a firm uptrend. The difference in 'finding a bottom' and a firm uptrend can be several years and the % gain between 'the bottom' and the safety of a 'golden cross' is not that great in the overall scheme of things. (Check out TA on PEB as a classic example.)

Disc- I hold ATM as a sentimental (free held) favourite at 10% of my now much better balanced portfolio, while I've also sold down ATM and achieved 6 figure (life changing) realised gains..... so very much different strokes for different folks. You just got to DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions..... it's all about learning.

That said, I hope you are right BF! Interesting time as we wait for the next update.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    Go to HC... anyone can draw beautiful chart as well as nasty chart... depends on how u draw it...lol
    Yes agree, depends on how u draw it

Last edited by Hoop; 15-08-2021 at 06:47 PM.

The Australian paper just wait suitors weight A2m

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/amp.t...b2a06dbed489a1
    Suitors weigh options as A2 Milk prepares to report earnings