sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What happened to the positive indicators (golden cross etc etc) lighting up on the TA front according to some of the posters?

What a great trading stock for those who use TA but then get caught by yet another disappointing ATM announcement?
    Yep ATM A2M is a TA's bitch stock at the moment.

re: Golden and Death crosses...This Chartist thinks they are Media hype fodder..The crosses lag too much and by the time the crosses happens often the event is over and the opposite is happening. Not a great fan

"What happened to the positive indicators" All indicators are variables and subject to change. We have been too accustomed with stocks that have been in Bull mode for years and the indicators don't jump around a lot. Same with stocks in Bear Mode..
    The year old ATM A2M Bear seems to have "bottomed out" a few months ago and dare I say it "could be in some sort of reversing mode out of it's Bear Market Cycle" but don't quote me on that ...
    This life between Bear and Bull mode makes investors life a bitch as uncertainty reigns because most investors still perceive the stock going down, witnessing media bad news, reinforced hindsight and lots of negative sentiment helps create a poor looking future forecast and who would blame them ..

but there is an investor dilemma happening as the crap news is still coming out yet the expected constant price fall has disappeared and replaced by price whipsawing all over the place ....There has been an animal behaviour (trading pattern) change ...This up down all over the place, failed breakouts and so forth could be seen as some sort of a market reversal sign as ATM struggles to change species between Bear and Bull..or..as investor's fear some sort of continuation event (hibernating Bear) before the Bear wakes up, regains control and the constant downward trend resumes..Time will tell. Markets are future looking.
    Last edited by Hoop; 26-08-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    I was wondering why we haven't seen the ASX dive further. That would make sense. So likely to see the ASX drop more tomorrow then?
    Huge volume being done on ASX - approaching 20m shares so there's a lot of selling and a lot of buying.

Easy to figure out who's most likely to be buying - short coverings to lock in yet another lot of gains, thank you all very much.

Who is going to buy tomorrow?

Picking A2M to finish today at A$6.05 - ASX sp starting to show distinct weakness as brokers starts to update their forecasts after talking to the company about the results.

Huge volume being done on ASX - approaching 20m shares so there's a lot of selling and a lot of buying.

Easy to figure out who's most likely to be buying - short coverings to lock in yet another lot of gains, thank you all very much.

Who is going to buy tomorrow?

Picking A2M to finish today at A$6.05 - ASX sp starting to show distinct weakness as brokers starts to update their forecasts after talking to the company about the results.
    Pretty accurate picking there, whats tomorrows close please good sir?

Guru

A2M Closed A$6.05.
    Spot on..Well done Balance
    Can I borrow your crystal ball..

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ……..

I have consistently seen that the very best guide to the near future financial performance is the most recent financial performance so the 2H adjusted profit of only $46m makes for a very sobering prognosis going forward.

As you often say beagle cash is king

H2 operating cash flow was $98m …it was $267m last year

H2 better than H1 which was negative $9m

Full year 21 was a miserable $89m …..way down on the $427m last year

Hard to see them generating anything like past cash flows for a while.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Media articles don’t paint a pretty picture for MVM over the next year or two.

Seems they’ve needed to revise down volume expectations they were going to transfer to MVM and MVM were out looking for new business.

A2 said there’s going to be a loss from MVM in half one ….we know where that’s heading eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I will lend you 50,000 @ 6% if you want to short it, PM me.

ATM referred too as a troublemaker as $600m of their market cap is torn up. https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+26+Aug+2021

Yes Winner, cash flow is the lifeblood of business.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by aperitif View Post
    Just buy a put option on ASX. Easy.

Or sell a call option.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by aperitif View Post
    No thanks... could go either way