sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Bugger..Lots of TA technical damage today..rocketing down this last hour..now reaching another major support (NZ$6.10ish) not many supports left ..
    Can someone pull the plug on the ASX I don't want Balance to be spot on 2 days in a row..
    Macquarie has reaffirmed ‘SELL’

Bell Porter has reduced target price (follow sp down) and reaffirmed ‘BUY’

Citi has upgraded to ‘BUY’

Let’s see what UBS & Credit Suisse come out with.

PS. Bell Porter has zero credibility having followed the sp down with its price target and valuation.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Bugger..Lots of TA technical damage today....
    This continuous onslaught is what causes damage
    Last edited by Hoop; 27-08-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    It was priced for growth now you need to do the opposite? Shrinkage does not seem inappropriate

lost a bit on past forays in ATM .. looking to recover some red

I buy = SP fall .. I'm sure others have favourite companies which have a bit of a habit of doing that

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This from Stocktakes in the Herald this afternoon: "A2 Milk has moved out of the FTSE large-cap index and will go into the mid-cap."
    Expect a sell-off then around 17 Sept when it exits the large-cap index.

Then there’s the MSCI & S&P indices which could follow. They are the biggies!
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    When no one wants to buy ATM then what happens to SP ? $ 1 maybe ....but Mr B says $ 3 fair value ....Morningstar says $ 10 !!!
    There will always be the ‘it was 20 bucks once so cheap as now, really really cheap’ brigade willing to buy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Since the ATM FY21 results last Thursday, I’ve reduced my remaining ‘free held’ holding to below 5% of my portfolio.

Why not sell them all? I’m sentimentally attached to A2, and my remaining shares will act as a ‘bookmark’ that will keep me interested in the company which I still see as having a good long term future. However, in the short term I don’t see ATM out-performing the NZX as it did for many years.

As I look back on the 9 years I owned ATM shares, my realized tax free capital gains are over 1,300% on my original investment ( ie approx 150% pa.) and as for many years ATM was over 70% of my portfolio, I did very, very well and also learned much.

So thanks ATM for the good times, I wish you well for the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Since the ATM FY21 results last Thursday, I’ve reduced my remaining ‘free held’ holding to below 5% of my portfolio.

Why not sell them all? I’m sentimentally attached to A2, and my remaining shares will act as a ‘bookmark’ that will keep me interested in the company which I still see as having a good long term future. However, in the short term I don’t see ATM out-performing the NZX as it did for many years.

As I look back on the 9 years I owned ATM shares, my realized tax free capital gains are over 1,300% on my original investment ( ie approx 150% pa.) and as for many years ATM was over 70% of my portfolio, I did very, very well and also learned much.

Unfortunately A2 in the main has been a wealth destruction company for the majority to varying degrees, its lost over 10 bill off its market cap and those buying North of the current price far outnumber earlier investors, its certainly cost me a huge amount more than I ever made from it, fortunately I survived and I mean that literally. Going forward its a long road home from here and long term I hope it goes onto future success but bar a T/O I don't see the sp gaining much traction over the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Well articulated.

ATM as a stock has served us very very very well until a year ago.

But I have learnt the hard way over the years to never fall in love with a stock or to hold a stock for sentimental reasons.

You invest or hold a stock because you believe in its business, it’s management and the industry that it is in.

Annual Report is 118 pages

Must be some good stories in it

Anybody read it it yet?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Unfortunately A2 in the main has been a wealth destruction company for the majority to varying degrees, its lost over 10 bill off its market cap and those buying North of the current price far outnumber earlier investors, its certainly cost me a huge amount more than I ever made from it, fortunately I survived and I mean that literally. Going forward its a long road home from here and long term I hope it goes onto future success but bar a T/O I don't see the sp gaining much traction over the next year.
    Glad and thankful you made it through, couta1.

You are right about the majority losing money on ATM - one more reason why it lacks attraction for those who are objective about the company's prospects. And it is good that the current CEO is not sugar-coating the challenges facing the company anymore - let's see what his review brings in October.