sharetrader
Page 247 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1471972372432442452462472482492502512572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 23756

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Fair enough,

What did you decide the shareprice slide was down to? Purely just the market revaluing to fair value in your opinion?

Cheers
    Think the answer is yes .....just staying around fair value. No maul action here.

Pointed this thread out to Balance's mates at the LSE .....maybe a bit of raw material into a study on cognitive dissonance
    Last edited by winner69; 07-01-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Think the answer is yes .....just staying around fair value. No maul action here.

Pointed this thread out to Balance's mates at the LSE .....maybe a bit of raw material into a study on cognitive dissonance
    Yes that's correct Winner, I also purchased a swodge of Spark and Genesis at "fair value" this time last year. I like fair value because it has an element of protecting my downside in the long run. Any upside is just a bonus. ATM seems to be getting fairer and fairer value as the SP dips. The good news is that as it does my average buy in price just keeps getting cheaper. I like that.

Advanced Member

9.12 am.... Notice of special meeting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    9.12 am.... Notice of special meeting.
    Nomination of see weed as official NZ spokesman for A2

seconded..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    It's actually to announce the MAC/NBT/Seeweed/KW takeover.
    Haha chuck me into it (if there's room left), A2 tastes great AND is a market performer!

Investor

Looks like some momentum building up into the sp...

I was reading in the UK Guardian that price of milk in the UK has collapsed to 43p per litre due to the huge glut on the domestic and international markets. It is now cheaper than bottled water at 44p per litre. ATM has entered the UK market so I am not sure how severe the impact will be and how much leverage on A2 differentiation will be when the generic product price is collapsing.

Another point : why the heck are we paying so much in NZ for milk, it is completely out of synch with the rest of the world. How come?????
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 13-01-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I was reading in the UK Guardian that price of milk in the UK has collapsed to 43p per litre due to the huge glut on the domestic and international markets. It is now cheaper than bottled water at 44p per litre. ATM has entered the UK market so I am not sure how severe the impact will be and how much leverage on A2 differentiation will be when the generic product price is collapsing.
    I think the answer for you Sgt Pepper lays in two aspects, firstly the UK retail price trend below, you can see that ATM ranged the market when re-launching the product after the Wiseman buy out, and have recently increased back to the upper threshold, quite prospective, let’s see now if this sticks for the medium term.

Secondly, they do seem to be following a similar roll out approach in the UK now as they did in Australia, the Australian retail prices have not altered in five years from $2.50 per litre despite the ‘milk wars’ and $1 home brand milk. Over that time ATM went from 1% to 10% market share.

ATM’s products are offered into a different value added specialty market from general bulk A1/A2 milk supply.

A2MilkPrice.jpg

Its all about profitability isn't it? Wouldn't ATM just be paying less for it at the farm gate so that after procesing costs their margin is more or less the same as it has always been, in fact, as a result of a lowering retail price, wouldn't the volumes consumed tend to rise = greater total revenue? I can't immagine that ATM would be fixing a price for delivery, albeit paying a premium over and above standard milk, as they currently do, just at a reduced price in line with standard milk.