sharetrader
Page 253 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1532032432492502512522532542552562572633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 23755

I am with kizame on this one. The tiny volumes being traded don't allow me to draw any meaningful conclusions. Volume traded is like the wind blowing the yacht. The more volume the faster the yacht will go. In whichever direction.

Interesting article on the Australian milk wars, which has a good mention of A2 and the possibility it may soon become the second biggest grocery milk brand in Aussie supermarkets as the two mainstream suppliers bludgeon each other into unprofitability.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/milk-...23-12wirn.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Interesting article on the Australian milk wars, which has a good mention of A2 and the possibility it may soon become the second biggest grocery milk brand in Aussie supermarkets as the two mainstream suppliers bludgeon each other into unprofitability.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/milk-...23-12wirn.html
    Yep, competitively they're in a good place, and will have a chair when the music stops.

It would come as no surprise I think that Aussie insto's and fundies might wish to take up holdings after the ASX listing.

Why not choose the stock that is growing the fastest within the sector, and the one that has a competitive marketing advantage, to hold within specific portfolios.

Don't anticipate it will happen on day one, but incrementally over the next year or so, quite probably IMO.

Banned

A nice confirmation of market share up to 9.3%, put's them right on track ahead of reporting next month.

“some consumers have turned to cheap private label milk, and others to A2 Milk, which now had 9.3 per cent market share”

http://adf.farmonline.com.au/news/ma...px?storypage=0

Peter Nathan on the milk wars and the competition whilst a2mc continue to contently gain market share;

He sees a point where one of his rivals will be forced to exit the milk industry in Australia.

"It is clear that consumers are increasingly not perceiving any meaningful differentiation between mainstream brands from Lion and Parmalat and private label milk," Nathan said.

"This trend is likely to result in retailers driving further consolidation in the mainstream segment. Putting it bluntly, retailers won't need both Lion and Parmalat mainstream brands in their stores in the future."

Investor

Anyone here going to the Special Meeting today? will be interesting I think.

Just came across this nice plug recently for a2 milk in the mass-circulation Daily Mirror by English inside back rugby star Danny Cipriani. It's obviously just incidental to his various foodie preferences and not at all a sponsored promotion. Well put, and it won't do any harm, at all to a2MC's campaign in England.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/he...i-milk-4980721

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Wow, are you sure he wasnt paid? That is a big plug in a major newspaper. Every bodybuilder, aspiring athlete, professional athlete will probably be rushing the A2 milk aisle now just in case its performance enhancing even if you dont have milk intolerances LOL
    That is a good endorsement, will be on the a2mc website in no time with the others, all blacks sponsorship next perhaps.

Though, I'm sure someone may point out to Danny that adding a2 milk to ones a1/a2 whey protein only gets one half way there. Although, you can but a2 whey protein in the US now, perhaps he does import it, well paid sports folk in all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Anyone here going to the Special Meeting today? will be interesting I think.
    Yeah, long meeting indeed. Must of been 10 to 15 minutes at most. No new shares to be issued. The brokers will be sorting out the number of shares the Aussies get. They won't be getting any of mine. Very nice devonshire tea afterwards, but am not sure if the cream was a1 or a2. Every one at the meeting voted I's, there were no Na's.
    Last edited by see weed; 27-01-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Good point MAC and thanks for the link NT

There is a bit of confusion here though because it looks like on one hand he is promoting a2 milk but on the other hand he is giving up animal based whey protein in favour of plant based protein. Bit of a mixed message because a2 is an animal based protein. Maybe because he is not using a2 whey protein with a2 milk is why he is opting for the plant based protein.

"I’ve even had to change my protein shakes from animal-based whey protein to a plant-based protein – to limit my bloating – which I drink two or three times a day after "

Thats probably a message to the uninitiated that a2 might make you feel better if you use it in coffee and drink it with meals but it does not stop the bloating when mixed with whey, which is what I have read into it. Nevertheless a positive for a2 milk in the UK.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Good point MAC and thanks for the link NT

There is a bit of confusion here though because it looks like on one hand he is promoting a2 milk but on the other hand he is giving up animal based whey protein in favour of plant based protein. Bit of a mixed message because a2 is an animal based protein. Maybe because he is not using a2 whey protein with a2 milk is why he is opting for the plant based protein.

Thats probably a message to the uninitiated that a2 might make you feel better if you use it in coffee and drink it with meals but it does not stop the bloating when mixed with whey, which is what I have read into it. Nevertheless a positive for a2 milk in the UK.
    Perhaps so, you can buy a2 whey online though, not cheap, US$54.99 for 2lbs;

http://www.sfh.com/products/whey_pro...fuel_-_2lb_bag

http://www.sfh.com/products/whey_pro...rving_pouches_

http://www.sfh.com/education/science_wheyoverview

I wrote to ATM a little over a year ago to ask if they were collecting royalties from this company, must be as they are still selling, patent rights and all that ?

Quite an enormous untapped market for a2mc , but I suppose a company must have to have a cheese process to make it economic to produce a2 whey protein as a by-product.