sharetrader
Page 265 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1652152552612622632642652662672682692753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 23755

That's not unusual. More often in asx,you can see 1 or a few shares traded. I think it's the institutes try to push up or down the price.

Banned

Yep a buyout would be bad news for those of us that are holding at higher entry prices, a premium buyout offer would be nowhere near 90c forcing many to realize paper losses prematurely. The best thing for us in that situation would be a share swap offer in the purchasing companies shares.All speculation of course as most talk of company takeovers is just that and rarely comes to anything.

Banned

We shouldn't be so sure about that Couta.

If Freedom were going to sell below 97c they would have done so, they had ample opportunity to do so last year.

Milford were buying at circa 90c at one point last year, presumably valuing the company much higher than that, the outlook for the company and valuations have not altered much at all since then.

Analyst ‘price targets’ have remained in the 80 to 86c range for the last six months, I would suggest their valuations are higher than that again.

My valuation is $1.10, they wouldn’t get my shares willingly for under $1.35, and I suspect the major shareholders would have similar figures.

By shorting the stock, if indeed that is what has occurred, a prospective buyer is messing with the sentiment of small retail shareholders so as to make it easier to mop them up, they might still get them at the same price as the big boys, but they are more likely to sell if they have first been spooked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep a buyout would be bad news for those of us that are holding at higher entry prices, a premium buyout offer would be nowhere near 90c forcing many to realize paper losses prematurely. The best thing for us in that situation would be a share swap offer in the purchasing companies shares.All speculation of course as most talk of company takeovers is just that and rarely comes to anything.
    Couta, you for one should not value this company so lowly! ATM is worth much, much more than the current SP, especially to a large buyer in the very lucrative dairy sector. If you don't believe that ATM can ever attain a buyout with a huge premium, just ask ex-Fisher & Paykel shareholders about that offer.

Have faith. The NZX can be extremely dumb at times because of its lack of liquidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    someone traded 359 shares for four times within an hour time, can anyone explain why like that? I wouldn't be able to recover the fees paid to brokerage

https://www.forsythbarr.co.nz/market...NZX/ATM#trades
    Mayday, this is an insto or broker breaking up an "iceberg" order into small packets to get the best possible price on market. Presumably, such a larger order has already gone through darkpools and not been taken up, so thd order goes on market to be sold. They can do this cheaply because the entity selling/buying does not pay brokerage for each order (they will have a monthly subscription fee or pay a one off for the entire sell/buy order, no matter how many individual blocks are put through).

If you understand nothing I have just said, visit a lubrary and get reading (or find a broker who will talk your ears off)

Banned

Yes, it reminds of FPAppliance days. I sold out of frustration as Sprice started dropping, within days of selling. SP trippled. There was a takeover offer.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Yes, it reminds of FPAppliance days. I sold out of frustration as Sprice started dropping, within days of selling. SP trippled. There was a takeover offer.
    Another yes. Looking up old records I made 48 buy transactions of FPA from 39c and up . But had to sell to the big...H... for well over $1. Did not like the way big....H..... conduct their bussiness, it's probably worth equivellant to over $4 a share now selling their fridges into the 30,000 outlets in China, but thats another story. Sorry I got side tracked on FPA. Not going to do the the same with ATM. Holding on tight.

Just noticed today that New World in Molesworth Street (Thorndon, Wellington) has started stocking A2 But they're charging $5.99 a bottle. I'll be having a word with them about that.

This situation is certainly starting to raise my interest. OBV is down by around 10% of issued shares in the last 12 months, yet selling SSH notices are absent (apart from AMP). Obviously the total shares traded in this time are much larger than the 10% of issued shares. One would think we would be seeing some SSH notices.

Shorting is certainly a possibility. Its has been a steady grind downwards in the past 12 months. I am unsure of the SSH requirements when it comes to shorting in NZ - maybe someone can chime in on that? Shorters never really own the shares, so is it required for them? And is it required for whom they have borrowed the shares from?

The intention of shorting to then acquire the company cheaply is an interesting thought. I do wonder about the legalities of doing this however.

It could of course just be that several instos no longer value it at what they did and are selling down.

Let see what happens...
    Last edited by JohnnyTheHorse; 07-02-2015 at 12:15 PM.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

First time poster.
    IMHO, the recent shenanigans re the ATM is an insto shorting to allow new director based in aussie to purchase at cut rate prior to listing.

Price below 50c has not been seen since 2012. Milford and Freedom still have holdings as per 28 Nov 2014. Richard Le Grice is last director to declare changes.

The only other thing I can think of is insto shorting to keep ASX listing low (as it will be based on average price at set period) in order to generate ASX interest. All legal of course but hardly policed that well.....
    Last edited by drcjp; 07-02-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    First time poster.
    IMHO, the recent shenanigans re the ATM is an insto shorting to allow new director based in aussie to purchase at cut rate prior to listing.

Price below 50c has not been seen since 2012. Milford and Freedom still have holdings as per 28 Nov 2014. Richard Le Grice is last director to declare changes.

The only other thing I can think of is insto shorting to keep ASX listing low (as it will be based on average price at set period) in order to generate ASX interest. All legal of course but hardly policed that well.....
    It seem shareholders are well and truly f#%#?d then

Shenanigans go on in Australia as well
    Last edited by winner69; 07-02-2015 at 03:26 PM.