sharetrader
Page 305 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2052552953013023033043053063073083093153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 23755

It was interesting to read comments left by reviewers

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...?pg=1#comments

老外

Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    It was interesting to read comments left by reviewers

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...?pg=1#comments
    Indeed, confirms exactly what A2 is saying and what they are pushing - A2 milk may work for people with milk intolerance, but it won't work for those that are lactose intolerant. They make it clear but some people still get it wrong... good to hear peoples doctors are even recommending it and it is helping with both eczema and behavioural problems.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Indeed, confirms exactly what A2 is saying and what they are pushing - A2 milk may work for people with milk intolerance, but it won't work for those that are lactose intolerant. They make it clear but some people still get it wrong... good to hear peoples doctors are even recommending it and it is helping with both eczema and behavioural problems.
    Yes I agree that a2mc make it very clear that a2 does not solve lactose intolerance. From my readings it appears that a significant number of those who believe they are lactose intolerant are in fact not lactose intolerant at all because the adverse reaction comes from the a1 beta casein, not the lactose within both the a1 and a2 milk.
    I think some human studies around this could be extremely useful. The marketing angle could be something along the lines of "lactose intolerant or a1 beta casein intolerant? Try pure a2 milk"...or something along those lines.
    Thanks for the link mayday. Very interesting reading. More debate, more exposure...all good. Interesting that people want scientific evidence. I would of thought the large body of positive anecdotal evidence would be proof enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Yes I agree that a2mc make it very clear that a2 does not solve lactose intolerance. From my readings it appears that a significant number of those who believe they are lactose intolerant are in fact not lactose intolerant at all because the adverse reaction comes from the a1 beta casein, not the lactose within both the a1 and a2 milk.
    I think some human studies around this could be extremely useful. The marketing angle could be something along the lines of "lactose intolerant or a1 beta casein intolerant? Try pure a2 milk"...or something along those lines.
    Thanks for the link mayday. Very interesting reading. More debate, more exposure...all good. Interesting that people want scientific evidence. I would of thought the large body of positive anecdotal evidence would be proof enough.
    I'm not sure that a2MC could make this distinction any clearer than it already does.

http://a2milk.co.uk/a1-protein-intol...e-intolerance/

So I don't think more science on this point would be a prudent use of expenditure. It would only confirm what we already know.

Part of the problem is simply that a lot of people just don't really read stuff carefully, or are distrustful of science anyway. Another part is that A2 milk's detractors falsely accuse the company of claiming A2 milk is the answer to lactose intolerance, just to muddy the waters. And then of course you get the so-called experts who say A2 is just a marketing ploy.

The company has been hammering the distinction between lactose intolerance and A1 intolerance very clearly, for example with its UK publicity campaign featuring Danni Minogue who said she thought she was lactose intolerant until she tried A2 milk. That campaign picked up a lot of newspaper publicity in Britain as well.

That kind of publicity, that doesn't try to explain the scientific complexities and just deals with the issue in anecdotal terms that everyone can relate to, has proved effective. But you'll never convince everyone.

Here's another nice publicity splash for A2 milk on a US website that has over 2m viewers interested in food safety.

And it quotes an a2MC executive making the distinction clearly between lactose intolerance and A1 intolerance.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/

Fair enough NT, The link you posted makes the point very clearly, Thanks. I guess its just a matter of exposure and different ways of getting that info out there which hopefully is part of the a2mc marketing strategy.

老外

They sure are getting some good exposure over in the US, hopefully that will translate into decent sales and a nationwide deal for a big supermarket... that will be at least a year away though IMO.

Banned

a2mc opened up 20 farms for conversion in the UK when they entered, it would be interesting to know how many will make the switch in the US.

I would agree though, the Australian and US west coast markets are probably the most similar in terms of demographic target market, lifestyle, and available disposable income for general health and wellness.

And, given that the hard yards in proving the FMCG business model have been well honed in Australia now, and the market similarities, and the ability to finance for a faster expansion, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a2 take off faster in the US than it did in the early days in Australia.

That's not to say it will go straight to 9.3%, but the company is positioned for a damn good kick start.

Would like to see them selling in Californian Costco stores soon too like the do in Australia now.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    They sure are getting some good exposure over in the US, hopefully that will translate into decent sales and a nationwide deal for a big supermarket... that will be at least a year away though IMO.
    Totally agree, they surely on the right track in US. Things seem to be fall in place for this market, with strong USD that can only mean more upside for earnings..