sharetrader
Page 375 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2753253653713723733743753763773783793854254758751375 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 23755

Default Do you live by the right quote?

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    NO WAY, F**K OFF

This would be the third time this is happened to me. A promising NZ beverage company gets sold for peanuts at the beginning of its market development, and Kiwi's never get to reap the benefits of creating a world class, value added, company. It drives me nuts. And it makes me very sad. This is why we will always be a poor, insignificant little country.

All the little Kiwi shareholders will be going, "Oh Thank God, I can get out for break even, or a small loss - so here, take my shares. I'm sooooo grateful."

We let Montana go, then Frucor, now A2. Its got to stop. The only thing I will consider is a scrip offer if the buyer is another listed food company (Freedom?). But most likely it will be a cash offer like the others, so no existing shareholder will get the benefit of its future success.

Just knew the short selling over the last few months had an ulterior purpose!
    Hi KW, maybe that quote at the bottom of post does not serves you too well.

With the nz$ going lower try a quote something like: Get drunk on Oyster bay wine and buy enough DGL shares to be overweight.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mattwanz View Post
    Could be a buying frenzy when ASX opens shortly then?
    http://www.smh.com.au/business/banki...16-ghpjd6.html

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Feel like I just won lotto
    You be heaps more than $45.000 up soon seaweed, hang in there

What you going to do with your spare time when no point touting a2 in supermarkets

Spend your winnings wisely when the pay out comes

True but it might be the best drinkable investment we can find on this island at present.

Banned

price probably between $1.50-$2

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    not trying to rain any ones parade but this morning announcement seems a little odd to me.
    announcing a could be maybe take over offer is in the wind is not unusual however adding in the fact that they are in the late stages of preparing a cap raise as well is highly unusual and was totally unnecessary.
    I wonder why they thought this was relevant....pleased I sold 1/2 my holdings this morning as no one went broke taking good profits.
    Me to, a good couple of weeks work that was

Re cap raising, obviously need cash ..... Won't that get factored into what any prospective acquirer thinks the company is worth ......and hence into what any offer is worth.

Maybe we are stupid snaps and just don't get the reason for them mentioning the cap raising.

Dilettante

not trying to rain any ones parade but this morning announcement seems a little odd to me.
    announcing a could be maybe take over offer is in the wind is not unusual however adding in the fact that they are in the late stages of preparing a cap raise as well is highly unusual and was totally unnecessary.
    I wonder why they thought this was relevant....pleased I sold 1/2 my holdings this morning as no one went broke taking good profits.

I think this quote from KW is a great point.........
    If the Board want to do a capital raising, and someone wants in - then do a bloody significant placement with shareholder approval. Dont sell the entire company.
    I also like KW's suggestion but NBR reports that one of the key conditions of the proposal A2M has received is that there is no change in the number of shares on issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    price probably between $1.50-$2
    That's just for australia ....double that to get USA and Europe and china

not too stupid I hope as I only sold half my holdings this morning.
    I don't think we are stupid at all snaps, I think we both very clever at how we read ATM (and others)

Price now less than it was on listing day on ASX, if there is a serious bid, it will be much higher than todays price.