sharetrader
Page 389 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2893393793853863873883893903913923933994394898891389 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 23755

think I read a2 have a meeting in London on Monday and the consortium may give an indicative takeover price on the weekend
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I note Dean Foods down 3.5% over night.
    I think most of us agree at 75cps ATM shares are indicating much scepticism that this will turn into a full takeover.
    I was trying to think of reasons why the market seems sceptical.
    In my research I had a closer look at DEANS FOODS balance sheet and I think it is quite revelling.

assets at 31/3/2015
    $2.5b of which $1.2b is high deprecating plant and equipment and only $30m cash and cash and cash equiv.
    Liabilities at 31/3/2015
    $1.95b of which $1.2b is combined long and short term debt.
    So Deans Balance sheet is hardly screaming they have a war chest for take overs and a balance sheet loaded with this much debt would indicate any full takeover offer would be payed largely in script(shares) than cash.
    This could well be where the valid scepticism is coming from.
    I noticed all that debt as well

Don't make much money do they snaps.

But a2 is in play now --- watch out for other offers I reckon

Possibly quite a few interested
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If any offer I can see 85 cents and the words 'a 30% premium to the share price before the expressions of interest were announced'

Sounds a great deal for a cash strapped not profitable company needing heaps of cash to grow.

So today's price sort of mid way .... 50/50 bet as it were

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    think I read a2 have a meeting in London on Monday and the consortium may give an indicative takeover price on the weekend
    It would have to be higher than the 52 week high of 77c. I assume all the 90,000,000 a2 share buyers in the last 16 days, me included, will not accept anything under a $1. All the media attention in the last few days plus today's big headline in the herald on page b7 in big black print "Pursuit of A2 Milk pushes shares higher". It all adds to the hype and buying frenzy like sharks in for their full. Would not be surprised if sp went to 79c to 80c today with new and old holders getting in on the act and maybe 90c to a $1 next week. I will buy another block today.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It would have to be higher than the 52 week high of 77c. I assume all the 90,000,000 a2 share buyers in the last 16 days, me included, will not accept anything under a $1. All the media attention in the last few days plus today's big headline in the herald on page b7 in big black print "Pursuit of A2 Milk pushes shares higher". It all adds to the hype and buying frenzy like sharks in for their full. Would not be surprised if sp went to 79c to 80c today with new and old holders getting in on the act and maybe 90c to a $1 next week. I will buy another block today.
    .....and then $1.50 by month end and the offer comes in at $3.00 and milfie and others hod out for 4 bucks

Exciting times

..and then it all falls in a big heap and share price goes back to 55 cents and MACS valuation remains at$1.10
    Last edited by winner69; 25-06-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    yes remember what hype,speculation and broader media coverage did for the PEB share price......could well be the same here.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't a2 milk have over $110,000,000 sales in Australia alone?

IMO

Down 2c to 73c twice as many sellers, 1.55 mill shares thru on opening.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

I wouldn't get too excited guys, as I said yesterday, the market will pare back this week with profit takers and there will be no further rises until more info comes to hand. DYOR but its not gonna be straightforward

[QUOTE=see weed;577962]Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't a2 milk have over $110,000,000 sales in Australia alone?
    not a lot of profit tho seeweed....im sorry but i smell a rat in the system here somewhere and its called freedom...not long ago we were all wondering who was driving the share price down etc and why...and now we get on odd
    maybe takeover offer with so many conditions...hope im wrong but sold a few just in case

On my rounds and just a little behind..

lol, having written what I just did, some lunatic is offering buy for 100c on the ASX.....crazy