sharetrader
Page 391 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2913413813873883893903913923933943954014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 23755
    Banned

Crikey it's a laugh a minute around here!

next thing you know Balance will be allowed back!

Or FSF, thats a good article on NBR, thanks Bull.

Imagine if this got into a 2-3 way battle? Who's next, Nestle, Berkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Or FSF, thats a good article on NBR, thanks Bull.

Imagine if this got into a 2-3 way battle? Who's next, Nestle, Berkshire?
    A2 definitely in play ......models and plans being updated across the world
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Crikey it's a laugh a minute around here!

next thing you know Balance will be allowed back!
    I would like to get some comment from MAC. When is he allowed back, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Actually Xerof that's something I've often been curious about and searched the Net without success. Could you briefly educate those of us who aren't familiar with it? Thanks
    For NT and Harrie

Each morning before the open, trades are entered (but not dealt) and the system works out a match price and amount. At ~10am, the matching occurs at the match price, NOT at the actual buy and sell prices. The high buy prices, and low sell prices merely decide the order of execution of the trades. Same happens at the close, between 4.45 and 5.00pm.

I tried to find some old stuff that I had read on ASX but couldn't find it. Here is a screen shot of A2M moments before 10am open, which should make it all clear. e.g., the 'idiot at 100, gets them first, but at 66, not 100.

Attachment 7441

You can see the match price is 66, and the match volume is 192,032. So in this case the sellers below 66 all get traded, and the sellers at 66 only get a partial fill, leaving the open market price as 65.5/66

Hope this assists

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    For NT and Harrie

Each morning before the open, trades are entered (but not dealt) and the system works out a match price and amount. At ~10am, the matching occurs at the match price, NOT at the actual buy and sell prices. The high buy prices, and low sell prices merely decide the order of execution of the trades. Same happens at the close, between 4.45 and 5.00pm.

I tried to find some old stuff that I had read on ASX but couldn't find it. Here is a screen shot of A2M moments before 10am open, which should make it all cleanr. e.g., the 'idiot at 100, gets them first, but at 66, not 100.

Attachment 7441

You can see the match price is 66, and the match volume is 192,032. So in this case the sellers below 66 all get traded, and the sellers at 66 only get a partial fill, leaving the open market price as 65.5/66

Hope this assists
    Very good Xerof

The ASX did have a paper on this, I couldn't find it either
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    For NT and Harrie

Hope this assists
    Many thanks Xerof. Much appreciated. Does this also explain the sales that are shown as taking place just AFTER the close?
    NT

Many thanks Xerof. Much appreciated. Does this also explain the sales that are shown as taking place just AFTER the close?
    NT
    I believe those are off-market. All sales in pre-close go through at match price at close (ie 5.00pm), same as open.

Does this also explain the sales that are shown as taking place just AFTER the close?
    NT
    In a word, no. There are a whole swag of different circumstances relating to after-market sales. I am not entirely familiar with them really. If you spoke to one of the 'prime' brokers, maybe they would be courteous enough to explain it to you, but usually, it's the institutionals sorting themselves out at an aftermatch function

Familiar with how that all works Xerof, You should have been directing that to drcjp. I was trying to explain to drcjp in a non technical way why a bid means nothing in terms of where the market is actually at when it opens. Have to be stupid to put a bid like that when the NZ market is trading significantly lower.