sharetrader
Page 401 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3013513913973983994004014024034044054114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 23755

jd says it is exploring a partnership in a2 with a global dairy player - Fonterra ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Yep would be very keen for JD to take a holding on a2
    Why, Silver? And when you say "a holding", what do you mean?

I doubt very much if it would help a2MC in markets such as USA and UK if it were being described as "Chinese owned" or "Chinese controlled". That's just a reality, based on consumer perceptions and also on US commercial antagonism towards China. a2MC would be very dependent then on China itself, rather than having a truly international future. That's if we still had any shares, of course.

a2MC already has a sales deal with JD. What are the benefits to either side in JD trying to take either a minority holding or control?

Could be Deans. But more likely FF with the emphasis on healthy natural foods. JD will take up the placement equivalent which would save FF having to stump up the cash. Deans will be the other party but not sure to what extent.
    Would dilute existing s/h but more than offset by far greater opportunity in both Asia and USA to drive revenue growth.

Advanced Member

Come on you guys, sell me some more of your shares. They are up to 74-75 and going fast. We need more sellers. 36+ million have gone through since 22/6/15 announcement.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Come on you guys, sell me some more of your shares. They are up to 74-75 and going fast. We need more sellers. 36+ million have gone through since 22/6/15 announcement.
    Not on your life.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I would think that any development from here will be very positive for ATM.
    Snaps, that's a very sweeping statement and I for one wouldn't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sure, why not? Just wait for my price to come in as 40% gain on it is already too tempting to dismiss

Don't know how this article is different from the other one, but, "Billionaire Chinese internet entrepreneur Richard Liu is in talks with a global dairy company to buy a strategic stake in takeover target a2 Milk."
    Global dairy as in deans? or FF?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/jdcom-founder-richard-liu-mulls-strategic-stake-in-a2-milk-20150630-gi1l57.html

^ Sounds promising

You could be right there NT, I didn't think of the Chinese issue in the states, however a lot of US stuff is manufactured in China anyway (however interestingly more is moving back to Mexico) . I figure having a large Chinese company like JB owning a chunk of A2 means plenty of exposure and the would probably market a2 more if they own part of it. However a Chinese dairy giant could use its current infrastructure to distribute a2. Much like Dean's could do in the U.S. If they owned a portion of A2.

Basically it would reduce a lot of risk that a2 faces in its new markets and speed up their market penetration.

Also gets other dairy companies interested, and if a2 is going to get a full takeover and we loose our shares in the company, at least there is a few parties interested and we make a few bucks...

Would like to hear what's going on, hopefully an announcement by weeks end.