sharetrader
Page 402 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3023523923983994004014024034044054064124525029021402 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 23756

I'm keen to hear some news. I thought the ATM board was meeting in London this week. Does anyone know if that is correct? If so, you would expect announcement tomorrow or Friday.

The SP closed at its high for the day, usually a sign of upward momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    even if it all this takeover talk turns to custard ATM would still of benefited from the very thing it needs most and for free.....that is market exposure.
    What could possibly develop out of the current circumstances that is negative for the company.
    Thats pretty well much what I have been saying too snapiti.could not agree more.
    i think the Chinese relationship you are talking about NT is more of a gov't issue rather than a business one. Business will do what is in the interests of business first and foremost. Where there is profit there will be business. A lot of Chinese USA business relationships exist already.
    ideal situation would be a 51% majority Dean's JD, freedom and continuation of NZ ownership.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    The SP closed at its high for the day, usually a sign of upward momentum.
    That's right. Firstly, thank you to anyone here who sold me their shares today. From 2/6/15 to 22/6/15 (T.Over announcement date) 73,000,000 odd shares were bought before announcement. From 23/6/15 to now, another 32,000,000 bought. A total of 105,000,000 approx.I get this feeling the more sold, the less there will be to go around. If anyone here would like to sell me some more I am willing to pay up to ...c. Also get this feeling there is a good announcement coming soon with all this buying going on, Nudge nudge wink wink.
    Last edited by see weed; 01-07-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Advanced Member

What a you think...79c by weeks end? then takeover offer $1.20c . They won't be getting mine for $1.20c, maybe 3% of my holding , but that's all.
    Last edited by see weed; 01-07-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    What could possibly develop out of the current circumstances that is negative for the company.
    I certainly agree the present takeover discussion enhances a2MC's marketplace image and chances of doing well. I also agree there are some takeover outcomes that could be beneficial to both the company and its present shareholders. One includes a collapse of the present takeover proposals.

But there are many other scenarios, and some would not be all that beneficial to shareholders and/or the company. Of course it depends a bit what kind of shareholder you are, and how you view the company's objectives. Do you want a quick profit and then say bye-bye, or do you have an attachment to the company and want to be a longterm holder?

The company originally had a dual mission, to operate profitably and to spread the A2 message globally for health reasons. Many shareholders will say the second is just an irrelevant pious wish, but there are still some who have a strong sense of loyalty to the company and would like to see both objectives realised, which will take time. We would hate it to be taken over by Big Dairy interests who will become very disenchanted when the medical risks of their A1 milk become better known, and possibly try to bury the message.

As an incidental aside, I am currently in remission from cancer and am on a detailed diet and lifestyle regime aimed at repairing the damage to my immune system caused by the chemo and steroid treatment I received (they don't tell you much about this serious downside of being "cured" of cancer). Interestingly, my diet bans cows milk. Why? Because cows milk usually contains A1, which is now starting to be recognised as potentially damaging to the immune system that defends us against disease, including cancer. Goats and sheeps milk are okay - they're guaranteed a2.

Anyway, I would regard it as not positive if a2MC fell into the hands of mainstream dairy giants whose fear is that global consumers will be turned off cows milk as the risks of A1 become better known. Governments also are leery about this. What will they all do then?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Thats pretty well much what I have been saying too snapiti.could not agree more.
    i think the Chinese relationship you are talking about NT is more of a gov't issue rather than a business one. Business will do what is in the interests of business first and foremost. Where there is profit there will be business. A lot of Chinese USA business relationships exist already.
    ideal situation would be a 51% majority Dean's JD, freedom and continuation of NZ ownership.
    It won't be in NZ ownership at this rate. Kiwis are good at selling the family silver.
    Last edited by see weed; 01-07-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It won't be in NZ ownership at this rate. Kiwis are good at selling the family silver.
    Sorry, what I meant was that it would be an ideal situation not a probable one given that whoever the "group" will be, are after all the shares!

Sorry to hear about your health issue NT. For the reasons you give is the reason why it would be ideal for at least 49% of shares to be retained by kiwi investors to share in the growth of the a2 message. Freedom is a believer in the a2 message but not sure that deans is. Hopefully the group therefore would not bury the message.
    Last edited by Harrie; 01-07-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    ...it would be ideal for at least 49% of shares to be retained by kiwi investors to share in the growth of the a2 message. Freedom is a believer in the a2 message but not sure that deans is.
    In the circumstances I agree the setup you mention would be better than most. I believe Deans accept the benefits of A2 and could be a good partner. I recall there were positive contacts between A2 Corporation and Deans at the time of A2C's first foray into the US around 2007-08.