sharetrader
Page 414 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3143644044104114124134144154164174184244645149141414 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 23755

This situation is a bit unique given the potential takeover. There can be a 20% swing in any direction at any time on any stock regardless how good the chart looks.

TA is more about probability and gives you information about what the market has been thinking right up until now. e.g. is the price going up or is it going down? Is it about to hit resistance or has it just broken through resistance, are volumes increasing or decreasing etc..

I think it makes sense to use both FA and TA.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Blobbles chart shows that the share price is rising and the 50 day moving average has cut through the 200 day exponential moving average.

When the 50 day cuts through the 200 day to the upside, its known as the golden cross which is a bullish sign. Typically, anyone who is short would be getting pretty worried at this point and would be covering their position.

Its interesting that blobbles has used the exponential 200 day moving avg rather than 200 day simple moving avg if his intention was to show the golden cross. Either way, from a chart point of view, its looking good.

What you can't see in the chart is that there is a potential take over occurring or capital raising so this could easily swing 20% in either direction based on the news that comes out in the coming weeks. I wouldn't use the chart to guide my investment decision right now.
    I like my 200 day EMA for ATM, seems to predict its movement a bit better looking historically.

The good thing about TA is that heaps of bots or people use it. If a golden cross happens, it can influence many different buyers which further reinforces the SP into upward/downward trends. It can help indicate game theory forces at play within the sharemarket. Of course any FA will always smash any TA, if tomorrow it is declared that the whole A2 thing is a huge hoax then it will smash the SP.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    I like my 200 day EMA for ATM, seems to predict its movement a bit better looking historically.

The good thing about TA is that heaps of bots or people use it. If a golden cross happens, it can influence many different buyers which further reinforces the SP into upward/downward trends. It can help indicate game theory forces at play within the sharemarket. Of course any FA will always smash any TA, if tomorrow it is declared that the whole A2 thing is a huge hoax then it will smash the SP.
    Hope not, just bought whole lot more in last couple weeks. 122,635,000 + shares have traded in the last 31 trading days. Ok, I have sold some and have since started buying back in. There must be a lot of new shareholders in that 31 days. Buying in from .51c up to 58c through to 68c to 74c. Some of them might be longer term holders and will probably not want to sell at a loss because of any hoax news. But who knows, anything can happen. If it is hoax news, then they should not be hoaxing us around.

IMO

122,635,000 is a lot of shares to own seaweed. i see why your'e motivated to hang around in supermarkets and soft sell A2 and push 2 litre A2 bottles 3 abreast.

Freedom and Dean Foods have both had strong share performance in recent days. Could be a precursor to news...often is.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by QFD Sage View Post
    Freedom and Dean Foods have both had strong share performance in recent days. Could be a precursor to news...often is.
    Would that be good news or bad news?

Investor

Zeez, what happened there did we miss something...up 2c in a jiffy

I'd say good news seaweed. My cynical view is that there is often a positive run before announcements.

Both NZX and ASX are up strongly today, so it may be a rising tide lifting all boats.

Quote Originally Posted by QFD Sage View Post
    I'd say good news seaweed. My cynical view is that there is often a positive run before announcements.
    Yep, Id agree with that id say 80% of the time inc SP before ann means +ve news. (sirtex is one that come to mind in the 20%)

The more i read, the more i think we will get a T/O offer - im holding until then however have been tempted to take profits.

Unsure on price but i think it will be $1-$1.10 initially. - just my opinion could be wrong,
    Last edited by NZSilver; 15-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.