sharetrader
Page 45 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast

thanks for your interesting posts Blobbles, good to hear from the coal face.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    very higly doubt that, read above posters views from within china. they are going through an intensive anti western brainwash at the moment. fonterra IS new zealand, so they will all get tarred with the same brush.

remember, propaganda panders to the very lowest common denominator...
    Nope !!.. disagree with that statement moosie..

Mothers in china have the same fears.. They will continue to buy the best alternative.. Any thing Kiwi..

老外

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Nope !!.. disagree with that statement moosie..

Mothers in china have the same fears.. They will continue to buy the best alternative.. Any thing Kiwi..

After talking to my wife who is Chinese and her sister, a new Chinese mother who is feeding her newborn milk powder we imported directly from NZ - Karicare Gold, is that Chinese mothers will still choose and stick with the powder they were using before... as long as its available. They would not switch to Chinese made milk powder as they say "because Chinese milk powder, we know, to be so much worse". When asked why, they say "because Chinese business men are the worst in the world [will do anything to make money]".

My previous postings were mainly my opinion, this is straight from the mouth of 1 soon mother to be and 1 current mother in China.... so a bit more accurate! I suspect you are right janner, not much will change unless the Chinese mothers can no longer buy the milk powder they are after. Then, likely they may switch to another... but it will be a foreign brand over a Chinese one, even then.

Again this is Chinese government over-reaction pushed likely by in country milk suppliers. Chinese consumers will still want and demand foreign milk powder even though it may not be on the shelves. So the effect on the NZ companies is pretty much all up to the Chinese government to see how far they want to push their luck (i.e. not break the free trade agreement). While the govt here brain washes anti western sentiment into the people, the people are mostly aware of the brain washing and will see through it when it comes to the health of their babies... most likely. Its early stages at the moment, hence my non definitive answers of how consumers will react.

NZ has built up a good reputation though and, surprisingly enhanced this in the eyes of most consumers here, by releasing and recalling the products in question. That separates western companies from Chinese companies which gives them more confidence.

My pick is though that ATM will take a big hit tomorrow as well as FSF etc. So be ready to pounce on some potentially good deals!
    Last edited by blobbles; 05-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Seems some guys here forget thatvthis is a nz issue...russian blahblahblah...china blahblahblah...do u guys know what ..botulism is sry if my spelling is wrong...over reaction..maybe..but simply in beijing there are 20million population. Imagine if just one chinese baby is killed then byebye china. U dump 1/3of ur milk to the sea...someone seems has a lovely anti chinese chinese wife..someone laught about chinese kill chinese at thr same time insist chinese shuld just buy nz milk product no matter what happen..isn't this funny...

Guru

Yes Moosie. I guess its good to see Fonterra taking one for the team ! Silver lining in every cloud eh !

I don't think the Chinesse reaction is an over reaction. It's the only reaction and I'd hope the same one our govt would take in a role reversal. It only has to go wrong once, with a child death, to become a very serious criminal investigation.

It's where they go from here with it. Only time will tell.

So are we going to see the cash from these sell offs going to Dil, PGW etc etc...

Banned

Astonishing a drop of 4.5% in SP and a drop of 20M in market cap for an exposure to one shipment of product sent to China worth ??? for which ATM have probably already received revenues.

Being a small and dynamic entrant into the China infant formula market they will probably just send the next shipments to SE Asia and get similar prices.

Good luck buyers, there may not be enough sellers to go around this afternoon.

老外

So China banning all dairy products from New Zealand... Oh and Australia and oh... Let's just throw coke in there too, isn't an over reaction? Lucky A2 doesn't have another shipment on the way or it would be turned back even though it has nothing to do with the problem!

I wait with baited breath for any casualties or people getting sick... I suspect the number will be zero. Meanwhile another 3 children died in the province I am in a few days ago from being fed the wrong mushrooms in their school lunch. Yeah, milk is such a big problem here!

My wife isn't anti China, she just lives in the place and understands it.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    So China banning all dairy products from New Zealand... Oh and Australia and oh... Let's just throw coke in there too, isn't an over reaction? Lucky A2 doesn't have another shipment on the way or it would be turned back even though it has nothing to do with the problem!
    Hey blobbles, where did you get the confirmed information about China banning NZ and AUS dairy products? I don't see any Chinese media reporting this overall ban. Fonterra is rejecting this claim as well. Did you get the news from NZ media or from Chinese source? It could be NZ media trying to make the story more dramatic than it should be?