sharetrader
Page 464 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3644144544604614624634644654664674684745145649641464 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 23756
    Guru

If its as much as a threat as you say ,I think it would fit fine in a big dairy co.s product range--all bases covered,and no more threat.

Any body kept track of all those SSH lately

Seems an awful lot sold - whose been buying?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

If its as much as a threat as you say ,I think it would fit fine in a big dairy co.s product range--all bases covered,and no more threat.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Any body kept track of all those SSH lately

Seems an awful lot sold - whose been buying?
    Yeah it's all on the go, seems as though Milford and Mountain Road sold quite bit of late as per SSHs.

However, the billion dollar question is who bought that 75 ml shares block sold by Freedom Foods?
    Its 2 business days since sold, so the buyer whoever that may be should issue SSH notice by COB today. I'm picking they'll issue one after market closes today.

its game on from there depending on who the buyer is, rumour to be overseas buyer Chinese perhaps....JD.com?

Skid, I accept that's the way some people see it because it looks temptingly logical in a marketing sense. Up till now, a2MC and its predecessor A2 Corp have managed to survive in a market dominated by sellers of A1 milk by just saying "A2 is good for you" and not annoying its competitors too much. As a result, many consumers and marketing analysts think A2's success is just due to slick advertising and maybe putting a secret additive in the milk that gives you warm fuzzies.

In the longer term, though, with more and more science emerging that shows A1 and mixed A1-A2 milk not only causes digestive problems but has real medical implications as well, how is a new owner going to explain to its consumers why it's continuing to sell them A1 milk as its mainline product?

A few years ago there was much less science available on A1-A2 and still some dispute about it, but it's now become a big topic for research teams round the world who are uncovering and publishing details of the nasty things A1 can do to you.

It's no longer disputed now that A2 milk is the original natural milk produced by cows and also by human breast-feeding mothers, and A1 milk is a genetic aberration that can cause problems in many consumers. If you believe in the science, you have to say "A1 is bad for you", and this is what a2MC is gradually moving towards doing, rather than just trotting out the old blah that "A2 is good for you". That's not an easy position to adopt if you're pushing A1 milk and formula as your main product line.

Hi NT I accept what you are saying except that you overstate things when you say "A1 is bad for you". More correctly you should say "A1 is bad for some".

Nice to see Cliff Cook (Mountain Road Investments) making a nice profit on the sale of part of his substantial holding in a2MC. If anyone deserves it, he does. He came to the company's rescue both financially and managerially after it was left in a very difficult situation by the deaths of its two inspirational founders, scientist Corran McLachlan and financier-agriculturist Howard Paterson, within weeks of each other back in 2003. We all owe Cliff Cook a vote of thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi NT I accept what you are saying except that you overstate things when you say "A1 is bad for you". More correctly you should say "A1 is bad for some".
    At the risk of seeming to dominate this thread for the moment, I'd make two a couple of points briefly on that. First, some people who smoke reach a ripe old age in apparent good health, but I think it's still valid to say "smoking is bad for you". Much the same with drinking A1 milk. It is already known for example that the opioid peptide BCM7 generated by A1 milk can disrupt antioxidant activity and increase the risk of organ and tissue inflamation, potentially leading to various lethal or serious medical conditions. Some people's immune systems will cope with this better than others' and it won't actually kill or make consumers manifestly ill in all cases, but it can certainly be described as bad for you if it increases the risk.

Well put NT

I think comparing smoking and the damage cigarettes do with A1 milk is a bit OTT. I can't imagine the day where I am looking at two bottles of milk in the supermarket, one with photographs of inflamed organ and tissues on the label.

Also, if your body is able to tolerate A1, is it actually bad for you when you balance that against all of the other benefits dairy can provide? Based on your argument, you may suggest that going out for an evening walk/run is bad for you because you risk breathing in fumes from the traffic/city smog which have been proven to cause X,Y and Z.