sharetrader
Page 475 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3754254654714724734744754764774784794855255759751475 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 23755

Hmmmmm interesting. Here's hoping Ag Research is not full of Fonterra sympathisers or worse....
    Fonterra are enormously powerful in NZ and it wouldn't surprise me if they provided Govt pressure for this study an that it provides a negative result. Nothing would surprise me when Fonterra and this Government are involved.
    IMO this is not necessarily good news. But of course the media will spin it that way.

Yes I do think we are capable of this in New Zealand.
    Last edited by biker; 03-12-2015 at 08:02 AM.

And here's a YouTube video clip in which AgResearch's project director says clearly that "we believe" the clinical trials will verify that A1 and A2 milk produce different results in human digestion and that "intestinal inflammation" will be identified as a problem. If this is indeed the outcome, the medical implications could be very important (see last half-dozen paragraphs of post 4920 on this thread).It will prove that there are medical risks to consuming non-A2 cows milk. The AgResearch project leader seems pretty enthusiastic to get on with it - what he calls some "pretty funky" research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjDN...ature=youtu.be

Advanced Member

Looks like the shines coming off. The dusts starting to settle. Everyone has had their full for now. SP starting to drift sideways and down bit by bit. Good for late comers, $1.05 by Christmas anyone or maybe $1. I'll be in like a rat up a drain pipe if it goes lower than that. . PS still waiting for fricken refund cheque.

Volume is certainly down, indicating the party may be taking a break for now. It got a bit crazy for a couple of weeks, with upwards of ten million shares changing hands every day. The market in general has certainly had a rough day today, not a big deal for the long-termers though. Are you still handing out flyers in the supermarkets see weed?
    Last edited by CatO'Tonic; 04-12-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CatO'Tonic View Post
    Volume is certainly down, indicating the party may be taking a break for now. It got a bit crazy for a couple of weeks, with upwards of ten million shares changing hands every day. The market in general has certainly had a rough day today, not a big deal for the long-termers though. Are you still handing out flyers in the supermarkets see weed?
    No, stopped doing that a number of months ago.

It looks like the A2 branding issue in Australia, a2MC’s biggest market, is likely to intensify following the action of one of its main rivals in launching a challenge that a2MC may be forced to respond to vigorously.

Dairy Farmers has launched a new suite of milk products branded "A2 Protein" which gives the impression their milk is the "original milk" (which it is not), and that it is “A2 Protein", (which it is not, although it does contain some).

http://www.dairyfarmers.com.au/dairy...93-a2-protein/

Supporters of a2MC in Australia are already crying foul and urging consumers and investors to file protests with various authorities about dishonest labelling. It may also be a breach of a2MC’s trademark rights.

As one commenter on an Australian investment website has noted, a2MC has to some extent left the way open for this kind of marketing skulduggery by trying to avoid an outright confrontation with mainstream dairy, but might now have to take its gloves off.

Up till now it has mainly promoted A2 milk on the basis that it is good for you, but this skates around the more important fact – and the hub of the A1/A2 dispute – that A1 is actually BAD for you – it causes digestive problems to many consumers and is now being linked irrefutably with some major medical conditions.

Whether or not a2MC feels forced to challenge Dairy Farmers through legal and bureaucratic channels for misleading advertising, false labelling and/or violation of its IP, Dairy Farmers’ action will certainly raise to a new level the public and media debate over the difference between a2 Milk and its rivals.

The likelihood is that this will ultimately damage mainstream dairy and benefit a2MC. The more explanation the public receives about the basic facts of the A1/A2 issue the better. But meanwhile we could see a new level of hostility between entrenched dairy interests (including Dairy Australia and Fonterra) and a2MC, which may not be pretty.

I know I have said this before and NT001 has answered before too, BUT for the life of me i cannot see why Fonterra do not take A2 out and have this company as the growth initiative for getting at least some fresh dairy products into the rest of the world markets,YES there are issues as NT001 has pointed out before,but you simply cannot ignore what A2 are achieving.
    Fonterra maybe need to back down on their stance on A2 milk and buy the company.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I know I have said this before and NT001 has answered before too, BUT for the life of me i cannot see why Fonterra do not take A2 out and have this company as the growth initiative for getting at least some fresh dairy products into the rest of the world markets,YES there are issues as NT001 has pointed out before,but you simply cannot ignore what A2 are achieving.
    Fonterra maybe need to back down on their stance on A2 milk and buy the company.
    In some ways I think the case for doing this must increasingly have its attractions, although it would be like swallowing a dead rat and deeply humiliating, not to mention the financial cost. Fonterra is hard up cash-wise, and a2MC now has a market cap that no one would have dreamed of until very recently. Analysts are already questioning its acquisition and investment policy. And the questions about what to do with its new acquisition would still remain extremely difficult. Moreover, Fonterra has just re-elected its previous board, so it's not as if there was a new bunch of directors mandated to bring about change. Still hard to see it happening, IMO.

It will be interesting to see any details that emerge of Fonterra's breeding programme for its big new dairy farms in China. That could be very informative. If the cows are preferentially bred A2-A2, that could indicate an impending shift in Fonterra's stance, even if unannounced.

The image below is from Synlait's AGM (available here). Looks like a2 Milk is going to have much more supply for their infant formula?

Note that Synlait is now also providing milk powder to a new player “Grass Fed” but I guess it's safe to say that most of the FY16 volume above will be dedicated to a2?