sharetrader
Page 537 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3743748752753353453553653753853954054154758763710371537 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

I wouldn't discredit the scientific research on A2, or argue with your personal experience. But I would suggest that you are assuming that all other people who have an issue with A1 will automatically follow your example. They might for instance go over to Soy Milk, or give up milk altogether. Both are equally valid solutiuons to their A1 milk problem. A2 is not a monopoly solution to a consumer problem.
    Why move to soy milk? Soy milk is more expensive than A2 and does not have the same nutirional value. The only logical reason for moving to soy milk rather than A2 milk (if it's available) would be if you suffer from an allergy or intolerance to all real milk, regardless of whether it's A1 or A2.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Why move to soy milk? Soy milk is more expensive than A2 and does not have the same nutritional value. The only logical reason for moving to soy milk rather than A2 milk (if it's available) would be if you suffer from an allergy or intolerance to all real milk, regardless of whether it's A1 or A2.
    Logically you are probably right NT001. But you can add nutrients to Soy Milk to make up for any raw nutritional deficiencies, and some Soy Milk makers do just that. Soy milk is not outrageously expensive, $2.40 for the long life stuff at Pak n Save. And my Pak N Save doesn't even stock A2 milk.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Lot of stocks dropped at end of day re..Brexit. Noticed A2M on the ASX went the other way and got pushed up at end of day. Someone bought 10,000,000, might have something to do with a2m joining the asx200 after 17/6/16.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    And my Pak N Save doesn't even stock A2 milk. SNOOPY
    Snoopy my dear friend, I suspect even if your local Pak n Save did sell A2 milk, you'd spend five years analysing whether it was a good purchase or not and in the mean time the price would increase 500% from when you first considered purchasing.

NBT

*I do appreciate your analysis though.

Advanced Member

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...5bb8232ad66e0e

The photo above in The Australian doesn't show the offending product, so I have attached a pic that I took in Coles, Cairns. I have also seen Pura use the same misleading and deceptive labels in Adelaide.
    I know for a fact that some people are buying the D/F product thinking that they are getting pure A2 milk.

Attachment 8135

I see that the paywall has gone up on the article above, so I have copied and pasted it below:-

a2 Milk sues Lion over branding claims

a2 alleges Lion’s milk labelling is misleading and deceptive. Picture: Calum Robertson

The booming a2 Milk company has launched legal action against Japanese-owned food and beverage multinational Lion Group over the labelling of its Australian milk brands.

Lion, which markets the Pura and Dairy Farmers brands and is owned by the Japanese brewing conglomerate Kirin, is being sued by a2 over moves to market its milk products with the tag “Contains A2 protein” which a2 alleges is misleading and deceptive under the Australian Consumer Law.
    A2 yesterday launched the action in the Federal Court in Sydney after it claimed Lion had failed to respond to correspondence on the issue over the course of almost two years.
    A2 has long marketed its milk on the basis that it comes from cows hand-picked to naturally produce only A2 protein, which makes it easier to digest.
    Some viewed the marketing as a stunt and last year a2 launched legal action against the ABC for defamation.
    In its latest claim a2 alleges Lion’s marketing was misleading and deceptive for consumers because, unlike a2, it did not change the protein composition of its milk.
    It said Lion’s packaging represented to consumers that the Pura and Dairy Farmers brands were the same as or similar to a2 Milk, or that they had the same protein composition as a2 Milk or had the same or similar benefits as a2 Milk. It said as a result some consumers had purchased Pura & Dairy Farmers milk under the false impression that they were buying a2 Milk.
    A2 this week issued its third profit upgrade in six months.
    It is seeking an injunction permanently restraining Lion from including on its packaging the alleged misleading and deceptive statements plus damages and interest.
    Lion declined to comment.

Advanced Member

Have been buying in again in the last few weeks. So have kept a close eye on the depth. Can someone tell me why a certain buyer and seller, probably the same person, has 30,000 to buy and 30,000 to sell, and every couple of minutes they change the order on both buy and sell side up and down by 1c. this has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Is this what they call massage the sp?

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Have been buying in again in the last few weeks. So have kept a close eye on the depth. Can someone tell me why a certain buyer and seller, probably the same person, has 30,000 to buy and 30,000 to sell, and every couple of minutes they change the order on both buy and sell side up and down by 1c. this has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Is this what they call massage the sp?

Some of you may find this interesting. Though it is to do with A2 on the ASX market. ..

Daily Gross Short Sales reported for 07-Jul-2016, ASX Limited (ASX) & Chi-X Australia (CHI-X)

No responsibility is accepted for any inaccuracies contained in the matter published.
    Securities that have had no short sales actively reported for the date shown are excluded from this report.

ASX Company Name Product/ Reported Gross Issued % of issued capital
    Code Class Short Sales (a) Capital (b) reported as short
    ASX + CHI-X sold (a)/(b)
    1PG 1-PAGE LIMITED FPO 45,430 112,827,228 .04
    3PL 3P LEARNING LIMITED.. FPO 140,227 139,034,170 .10
    A2M THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED FPO NZ 346,427 712,000,065 .04

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute144 View Post
    Some of you may find this interesting. Though it is to do with A2 on the ASX market. ..

Daily Gross Short Sales reported for 07-Jul-2016, ASX Limited (ASX) & Chi-X Australia (CHI-X)

No responsibility is accepted for any inaccuracies contained in the matter published.
    Securities that have had no short sales actively reported for the date shown are excluded from this report.

ASX Company Name Product/ Reported Gross Issued % of issued capital
    Code Class Short Sales (a) Capital (b) reported as short
    ASX + CHI-X sold (a)/(b)
    1PG 1-PAGE LIMITED FPO 45,430 112,827,228 .04
    3PL 3P LEARNING LIMITED.. FPO 140,227 139,034,170 .10
    A2M THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED FPO NZ 346,427 712,000,065 .04
    Actually , just follow the link....
    http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt