sharetrader
Page 587 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 8748753757758358458558658758858959059159763768710871587 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 23756
    Investor

Looks like shorters on ASX running like headless chicken this morning ....

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looks like shorters on ASX running like headless chicken this morning ....
    It has to be that right? can't believe the stock would rally this much on such marginal news - which was already most likely factored in

China backs down on tough new e-commerce laws in boost for Aussie exporters

China has delayed indefinitely tough new-cross border e-commerce laws that had threatened to disrupt the flow of Australian vitamins, milk powder and cosmetics into booming markets on the mainland.

The surprising backdown by Beijing comes ahead of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arriving in Australia on Wednesday for talks on upgrading the free trade agreement and how to eliminate other non-tariff barriers.

The indefinite delay is a big win for vitamin makers Blackmores and Swisse, which were facing complex new licensing and labelling requirements in China. The backdown should also benefit infant formula makers a2 Milk Company and Bellamy's Australia, which have been hurt by uncertainty on how the new regulations would be implemented.

"We welcome the updated regulations from the Ministry of Commerce in China, as it signals a strengthening of the commitment to the cross-border e-commerce channel from the Chinese regulators," Peter Nathan, chief executive of a2 Milk, said

China's Commerce Ministry said goods coming into the country via cross-border e-commerce platforms would be classified as "personal" rather than "common" trade, meaning there would be no additional requirements for local registration or labelling.
    All blue sky ahead now Got a link mate ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-03-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    All blue sky ahead now Got a link mate ?
    Its on AFR behind paywall unfortunately....

Its on AFR behind paywall unfortunately....
    Thanks for replying anyway mate. Interesting that Blackmores is up ~ 11% today and Bellamy's up ~ 8% but A2 up quite a bit less in percentage terms.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Thanks for replying anyway mate. Interesting that Blackmores is up ~ 11% today and Bellamy's up ~ 8% but A2 up quite a bit less in percentage terms.
    http://www.afr.com/business/retail/...in-boost-for-aussie-exporters-20170320-gv28fe

Here is the link anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I agree......whether this week is a hiccup or a trend, any concern depends on your investment strategy. I'm in ATM for the long haul and see a good trend developing

Attachment 8758
    looks a bit like a rising wedge to me
    PE 62?
    GLTH
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

http://www.4-traders.com/A2-MILK-COM...apide&mots=Atm 4traders has average analyst FY18 PE at 21.9 and that for a company that's just about quadrupled its first half profit compared to the previous corresponding period.

I'm speculating that this announcement today sb9 might also be good for Comvita, what do you think mate ?

Investor

http://www.4-traders.com/A2-MILK-COM...apide&mots=Atm 4traders has average analyst FY18 PE at 21.9 and that for a company that's just about quadrupled its first half profit compared to the previous corresponding period.

I'm speculating that this announcement today sb9 might also be good for Comvita, what do you think mate ?
    Yes, today's announcement bodes well for any company doing with China. On your previous point seems like A2 is lagging behind in terms of gains today with only 4% rise whereas BKL and BAL are up close to 13%...

I'm expecting this to push to $3 in the near term

I am far more comfortable to hold A2 over Bal due to the quality of management. I was very tempting to jump in Bal when the news release yesterday but the lack of transparency from its management was a big turn off for me.

Go A2... Go!