sharetrader
Page 621 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 12152157161161761861962062162262362462563167172111211621 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 23755
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I bought at 50 cents and sold at 68 cents...keep asking my self the same question...and I had 160,000 as well...keep kicking myself....all I wanted was exposure to dairy but fonterra had it sown up......then I look at at Xerox...bought at 75 cents...only cos Sam Morgan bought sum..and sold at 1dollar 50...what a guru..doubled me money in 6 weeks...im still black and blue from the kicking I've given myself...why...why ..why...can only laugh an move on..lol
    Pheeeew you have my sympathies Ziggy.

For what it is worth, Whenever I buy a share I plan on holding it for 5 yrs or more, so look for coy's that have sound future prospects of above average NZX50 SP growth in that period (I'm not fixated on Dividend stocks but look for capital growth firstly, dividends are secondary.) If during the initial period of any holding the company goes negative on me, I am quick to sell (Think WYN). Selling losses early has tax advantages (if you need them). However if any of my longer term holdings go well (think ATM or XRO) then I ride that success and double up etc.

I find the long-term view has a lot going for it (not the least being that long term SP gains are non taxable 'capital gains'.) The old adage, "quit your losses early and ride your successes for the long term" makes sense to me - big time.

Hope this helps you in some way......

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Why would you sell at this time? Likely the results this month will be good too. Just curious
    Cos sometimes I have dumb brain implosions. Actually thought the market was about to take a rest.

I was thinking that these looked good when they were just below $4. My finger was resting on the but button, but I decided against it as they don't fit my investing rules. Specifically there is no dividend history. I have regret, but don't feel too bad as you've got to stick to your strategy. And my strategy had been ok so far.

Great for you lewylewylewy to have guts to stick to you guns for what you think is best for you. I have been very trigger happy too many times but I'm hanging for something better and will ride along with the rest.

Investor

Looking ominous to crack the $5 mark with exactly 2 weeks to EOY results.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Across the ditch an industry related news, BAL is put under trading halt. The reason being their recent acquisition Camperdown's IF powder licence has been suspended by CNCA (CFDA regulatory body in China) overnight.

This further strengthens the brand image of A2 IF.
    Good news for Bellamy's across the ditch, the suspension of Camperdown's licence has been lifted.
    Positive news for the sector overall.

Outside thinking.

Another step......

The a2 Milk Company Limited (the "Company") advised on 7 June 2017 that a new

position of Executive Vice President Greater China had been created to assume
    responsibility for the leadership of the China business reporting to the
    Chief Executive Asia Pacific and that recruitment for this Shanghai based
    role was underway.

The Company is pleased to advise it has appointed Ms Jane Xu to this
    position, effective from 14 August 2017.

Jane joins the Company with substantial domestic and international experience
    in health care and consumer goods in particular. She has held senior sales,
    marketing and leadership roles at leading organisations in China, such as
    McKinsey, Novartis, and most recently, with Hershey where she successfully
    held a diverse range of commercial leadership roles including as Vice
    President and General Manager Greater China.

The role is focussed on maximising the opportunities that this significant
    market presents for the Company. Jane's initial focus will be on delivering
    the existing well-developed strategy and preparing for future growth
    opportunities across Greater China.

Advanced Member

All good on the China front. However I have already set my thoughts towards the next decade in which India will be overtaking China as the world's most populous nation. As it's main religion does not forbid the use of milk or milk powder I'm ruminating whether A2 Infant formula could become a stable or find at least a niche in India?

Basic info about A2 milk in India:
    The key difference between the two types of milk is the crucial A2 variety of beta casein protein, which is found in the milk of the zebu cows, camel, goat, donkey, buffalo, yak, sheep and even jersey cows. Indian cattle, scientifically known as Bos Indicus, fall in the zebu category.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-sc...-milk-in-India
    https://www.quora.com/Which-A2-milk-...lable-in-India

Advanced Member

Shamelessly stolen from HC as WSJ is behind a paywall. Article from today: https://www.wsj.com/articles/dairies...nas-1502271000

Shamelessly edited by STMOD - we do not support copyright infringement here]

Busted!!!! Pay one must when payment is due ..